I F***ing HATE CHRIS MCCANDLESS

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Walkingmyownpath

Re: I F***ing HATE CHRIS MCCANDLESS

Postby Walkingmyownpath » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:21 pm

SteveSalmon wrote:Read the book and then come back.

I agree with Steve. Go educate yourself, you douche. You're the idiot coming to this website acting like the asshole that you are. No one cares about your opinion, go away.

Footloose

Postby Footloose » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:29 am

Hello everybody,
It is a mystery to me how so many people can criticise this inspirational young man. I mean, so many people actually despise him. Is it envy? Perhaps it's that he had the balls to escape his undesirable circumstances and fulfil his true dreams. Either way man, there is no justification for this unwarranted resentment. A competent and self-confident person is incapable of the bitterness (jealousy) shown towards chris. This jealousy is invariably a symptom of the neurotic insecurity that the 'haters' feel. To quote Fulton J. Sheen, 'Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius...'
R.I.P. Chris, your legacy will live on! :)
If atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways, and our mind is made of atoms and particles, then how can free will exist?

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:50 pm

chriswasanidiot is the same person you see on every forum. Never a positive word to say. He waits for an attact on his posts so he can continue to attact the positive message because his life is so pathetic and uneventful. He lies in wait, excited at the prospect of a return post of hate. He can only feel satisfaction when other forum members engage his hate. This is not his only forum, he is also on the "Snookie is pregnant" forum trying to figure out who the father of her baby is so he can stalk that guy for knocking up the love of his life and hero.
I don't always agree with the way Steve Salmon comes across at times, but he is "THE MAN" when it comes with dealing with the haters and I appreciate it.

I wrote the above and then went to this idiot's website:

chriswasanidiot, I saw your horrible website. Thanks for totally proving my point via your website. You did not come here to do anything but promote your pathetic, agenda-laden website. You promote hate so the members of this forum will go on your pathetic website and defend Chris. Meanwhile you can show your advertisers "look how many hits my website is getting". You do not fool me at all and now you have been exposed as the fraud you are. Do not respond and do not comment again! Forum members, please ignore anything this idiot posts! Thank you.

corey

Postby corey » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Chris is a very controversial character, however I think it is a little harsh to say that you hated him. While he was disrespectful to and neglected his parents, Chris had many redeeming qualities. For example, Chris was very caring and sociable to the people who he met on the journey. He developed great relationships with them, and some people, like Franz, to Chris in as their own. However, Chris was a character of poor judgement because he embarked on the journey without a necessity, a map. While I can see how people can dislike Chris because of his relationship with his parents, Chris had many strong, redeeming qualities, which are enough to make him just disliked, not hated.

DGumby

Postby DGumby » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 pm

In saying that you hate Chris McCandless do you hate the things he did or who he was as a person. Sure, things that we do define who we are as individuals but you only know who Chris was through pages in a book, and the way that you interoperate the story about his personal adventure is unique to you, but I encourage you to actually study who he was before posting a forum discussion like this. You never talked to him once in your life. Guaranteed he did things that you may not agree with but as someone else's opinion I think Chris did a noble thing by trying to discover himself by breaking away from society. You are judging a person on their mistakes not who they were and what good they did.

taylornash

Postby taylornash » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Chris McCandless was a very bold and independent person. just because he had enough courage to do something scary, doesn't make him suicidal. he felt that the risks were big enough risks not do go out alone. He might have not planned on dying, but a careless mistake on eating mold on a sweetpea caused him his life. Chris inspired me to notice the things in life that others take for granted and do something about it. He felt that he had nothing to lose which is why he went out alone. I admire his courage and others should aspire to be like him.

adsouza

Postby adsouza » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Chris Mccandless went out into the wild with the intention of surviving. I do not believe that he planned on dying. He went into the wild knowing a lot about the plants and wild life. The reason he died was a freak accident. Its very unlikely for someone to die because of berries. Even someone with all the knowledge about it would not be able to make that distinction about whether a plant is safe to eat after mold was on it. He was a smart man to go all the way out into the wild and survive that long with the bare essentials. I wouldn't have the courage to do it because i don't have the knowledge to live out on my own.

chriswasanidiot

Postby chriswasanidiot » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:04 am

It really doesn't affect my life at all. As for being an asshole, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I know who and what I am and I have no doubts that I am an asshole. I rather enjoy it, but that doesn't change the fact that people are following this guy like leming off a cliff. I just don't see the fascination with a guy that walked into the Alaska wilderness, one of the most unforgiving places, made poor decisions and killed himself because of it. Why don't you find one of the people who do the same thing and actually survive to idolize?

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:11 pm

chriswasanidiot wrote: Why don't you find one of the people who do the same thing and actually survive to idolize?

why does it matter to you ? It must if you're continually coming back here to slander Chris and the people who like his views. if it really didn't matter to you, you wouldn't even be on this site or even thinking about it. doesn't matter anyway, your rants won't change anyones opinion one way or another.

chriswasanidiot

Postby chriswasanidiot » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 pm

SteveSalmon wrote: It's clear which way you're using the word "idiot".

Just like marcym, I really wonder why you feel the need to share your negative thoughts about Chris McCandless with users of a forum like this - or even with anybody else. Ok, you read the book, saw the movie and didn't like the guy. Happens. He's been dead for almost 20 years, so the whole thing is history. If you don't feel somhow inspired by the story (like most of the users on this board), how does this affect your life at all?[/quote]

I feel the need to tell people what I think because if I can get even one person on here to stop and actually think rationlly for one moment, maybe it will save their life. Look at all the posts people put on here about wanting to do what he did. He killed himself!! Unintentionally maybe but the truth none the less. The bottom line is no one on here knows what he was thinking, why he did some of the things he did, no matter what they say, Stevie. People do what he did all the time, and live to tell about it. So why is it that the one who died doing it is now idolized and has such a big following?

Return to “Discussions on Chris”