impossible journey?

Here you can discuss anything relating to Alaska and this story.
wednesday

impossible journey?

Postby wednesday » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Okay, Christoffer's story has changed something in my life.. To personal to tell. But my biggest wish is to go to alaska and see the magic bus and stampede trail. But, it's proberbly never gonna happen. First of all, I live in denmark. And I am having a huge surgery in my legs.. So I'm not gonna walk again for.. let's say, a while! So i'm gonna be stuck to a wheelchair and when I can finally walk again, my legs will be weak for the rest of my live because of my condition.
So my question is, are there any way you can see stampede trail and the magic bus by driving there?
I wish i could hike that beautiful journey, but it's never gonna happen.. And it really is my biggest wish :/

LoneWolf

Re: impossible journey?

Postby LoneWolf » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:46 am

I feel for ya man...

I 'm not totally sure; but I belief you could also get there by helicopter! You only need to find someone who wants to make the flight out there, but I am sure it can be done! I even read an topic about it, on this same webpage.

LoneWolf
Nothing is harder to bear than a succession of fair days.

GoNorth

Postby GoNorth » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:32 am

Hi wednesday!

Welcome to this forum.

Sorry for your health, I hope everything will work out fine and that you'll get back in shape some time in the future.
Now, I don't know exactly what is or will be the condition of your legs, but perhaps these offers might be of interest for you, I mean as a passenger?

http://www.alaskadenalitours.com/denali_national_park/stampede_trail_adventure.html

http://www.denaliatv.com/StampedeTrail.html

wednesday

Postby wednesday » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Wow, I've seen some youtube films of people driving there on those dirtbikes, but I thouht they were "private" persons, who just owned those. (It seemed like a smart way to come around in a place like alaska) I didn't think you could actually rent one or get a tour guide! (when I think of tour guides, I think of a bus full of people in hawaii shirts and cameras, which is quite stupid now I see!) haha.
I just lost all hope of seeing the place and walking in his footsteps, that I just give up shearching for a way..

Thank you soo much for helping! :)

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:35 pm

yeah Wednesday don't give up! you can definitely make the trek to Alaska! don't forget that God made you that way for a reason and He loves you, sorry for sounding cliche as fuck but it is true :) but don't worry you can either take an ATV out there or what GONORTH said with the websites she posted, Jah Bless :)

Alinson

Postby Alinson » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 am

I’m feeling sad for you Wednesday! That really should not be happened to you, but I wish you all the best for your health. I wish that you’ll be better soon and you’ll hike on your dream place and your dream come true.

Lerakroxa

impossible journey

Postby Lerakroxa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:54 pm

UCF accepted a guy this year who scored a 45. It has happened and will happen again.

JessicaLon

impossible journey

Postby JessicaLon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:20 am

I didn't see that in Paris, since it was raining, but I still remember it from Florence I can't describe it, but I'll never forget it.

samanthaking

Postby samanthaking » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:53 am

Thanks for nice piece of information.

Return to “Discussions on Alaska”