Places to go

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
kj2137

Re: Places to go

Postby kj2137 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:22 pm

Heres the deal... since i was a little girl i have always wondered what it would be like to live alone in the woods, I use to dream of running away to the hills and finding an abandon cabin to call my own... and as i have gotten older it has tured into a fasination of being self sustaining, independent and free from this so called "life", wanting to live the dreams of my childhood and being one with nature. Between the years of growing up, I had a child. My son is now almost four years old. As much as I do not want him to grow up in a world like we have today, I cant imagin putting my son in harms way and the unknown future of the wild life. So, I have decided, when my son is grown and independent, I will leave whatever life I have then, and start a new kind of life unknown to most. I want to travle partly by car, and partly on foot. I want to travel anywhere the wind my take me, anywhere my heart wants. every corner of the united states... maybe south america... maybe canada... maybe alaska. I have no set plan and intend to keep it that way. Until I am able to set out on the gypsie trail, I shall take my son camping, hiking, fishing and hunting and hope he finds the same love and passion I and so many others have for natures freedom and majesty...

wildlife

Postby wildlife » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Well, that's a good question ...

I once was in Norway which is a really nice country with amazing landscapes. I just did a little trip there, from Oslo, to Trondheim and then to Bergen. I went to Bergen by boat, it was a fantastic cruise, watching mountains and reaching fjords.

I would love to go back to this country and hike from south to north only with my backpack and, in total harmony with nature, discover each part of the country, heading north slowly without time restriction, feeling free to watch landscapes endlessly and breathing fresh air ...

I also heard Iceland is worth seeing.

Otherwise, of course, i would also love to go to Canada and Alaska. Canada is my number one favorite destination as there a lot of amazing places to discover in this country, and have always been fascinated by this country since my childhood. I remember i often dreamt of grizzlies, wolves, lynx, trappers, pure nature, wonderful landscapes .... I'm still dreaming of a peaceful life there in a little wooden house, far from civilization, hiking and trekking around there in the forest, watching and studying local animals, ...

Jaynix

Postby Jaynix » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 pm

If I was to have a great adventure I would go to the Yukon district in Canada. Fly into Whitehorse and basically don't know what I would do from there, but I would figure out along the way. I have never been there, but I definitely plan to go there some day.
However this dream is not very realizable at the moment with a baby on the way.

For awesome scenery I will recommend New Zealand as well, especially the southwestern part, this is pretty deserted with great untouched nature all around. Completely different scenery is the Greenland ice sheet. This really gives you an astonishing view and the feeling of really being alone if that is what you need at this point in your life.
I have to say that every time I’m out touring the world it just makes me want to see more, but I guess most people have it this way, or at least I hope so. My mind keeps spinning around Ron Franz that as far as I can remember from the book opened his eyes to the world after meeting Chris.

I have the outmost respect for people going out in the world finding their particular spot where they just find the scenery around them perfect and feel at home. I’m so proud of my sister doing that although it has put us 11.000 miles apart so we rarely meet in person. However if you accept being a bit more materialized than Chris did, it’s not a problem keeping in touch.

WbhsPYang

Postby WbhsPYang » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:34 pm

If i had a chance to go where ever i wanted just like Chris i would go to China. I would visit the Great Wall of China, and walk the whole thing by myself. Next I would check out their ancient buildings and visit their famous markets. China is just a mysterious place for me because of it's ancient times that get's me historical.

Kayleigh

Postby Kayleigh » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:15 am

I am a big fan of natural places and always prefer to go to natural places to view the natural sights and the blessing of God. If I got a chance to select any place to visit from All over the world then I will choose to explore the Australia. Although I have never visited this region but how much I heard about it I think it will be a great experience for me to go there. What will you say guys about this region?

Alinson

Postby Alinson » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:26 am

Well! My favourite places are New York, Los Angeles, London, Las Vegas. These all are my favourite places to visit, I have been to the USA and has visited all the amazing places but they are still my dream places. I will love to go there again and again whenever I'll get the chance in my life. According to me these places are the the most beautiful places in the world

Kayleigh

Postby Kayleigh » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:41 am

great review Alinson! you have shared very impressive post. I love travelling and had visited the lots of attractive places of the world. No doubt New York, London and Las Vegas are the beautiful places of this region and great source of refreshment for travelers. Would you like to tell me about your favorite spots in New York?

Chloe

Postby Chloe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:56 am

Well! My favorite places are New Zealand, London, Singapore. These destinations are very attracted for people. I will never forget these favorites’ places. There are many beautiful natural places in these regions. I wish to go there again and again and enjoy this national beauty. According to my knowledge these are best places to visit.

EllieHowarth

Postby EllieHowarth » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Visiting Seattle on a tight budget can be difficult feat. As with most large cities, there are a plethora of ways to spend your hard earned cash.

Kayleigh

Postby Kayleigh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:38 am

Chloe wrote:Well! My favorite places are New Zealand, London, Singapore. These destinations are very attracted for people. I will never forget these favorites’ places. There are many beautiful natural places in these regions. I wish to go there again and again and enjoy this national beauty. According to my knowledge these are best places to visit.

Chloe! Can you tell me which places do you explored during your London tour and which is your favorite one? I am interested to know about your likes and dislikes. I hope you will give a quick response and like to share your interests with me. so, reply fast as an active member of this board.

Return to “Travelling”