Ron Lamothe documentary available on DVD?

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
SteveSalmon

Re: Ron Lamothe documentary available on DVD?

Postby SteveSalmon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:37 pm

junkcollector wrote:You can order the DVD but you will not get it. Evidently Ron Lamothe is no longer supplying the DVD, or he is just collecting the money you send via Pay Pal. Look elsewhere for the video.

Ron Lamothe may be a hard nosed, strong opinion kind of guy, but, I highly doubt he's a thief. Did you try to contact him directly "junkcollector"? You can click on his name here at least and give it a shot.
His documentary, whether fully accurate or not, is definitely worth watching. I enjoyed it and with it, came up with quite a few questions of my own. I think the Will Forsberg interview was among my favorites in his piece.

~Steve Salmon

Anewanddifferentsun

Postby Anewanddifferentsun » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:34 am

erikhalfacre wrote:I'm just going on what I was told. I'm not going to try and defend it as I would have no way of knowing for certain. All I will say is that I'm positive my source was un-measurably closer to Chris than any roommate. Perhaps there was some kind of misunderstanding.

I sense some backpedaling from this: "The 'roommate' he interviews is bogus." I strongly suspect your source is Carine, who has been using this "nobody was closer to my brother than I was" schtick for quite some time, but it's not evidence refuting Lamothe's interview with Chris's college roommate. I understand her emotional needs to hold her brother on a pedestal (it's good for the lecture circuit and her new book), but it's not the stuff of reason and fact. Of course, she could ante up with some more evidence, such as her communications with her brother after she left home following her high school graduation in 1989 and after he "disappeared" a couple months after his graduation from Emory. The Sean Penn film has her still living at home at that time. She didn't. In fact, she moved around, yet Chris still managed to write letters to her. Of course, Penn's film also made it appear that Chris and Carine didn't know about this other brother Quinn, yet the families vacationed together, and Chris once went on a boys-only outing with dad and his half-brothers, Quinn included. Carine, as the film's main family consultant, didn't let these facts get in the way of the narrative.
As for the seeds debacle Krakauer continues to try to prop up as an excuse for Chris's death, a close read of this hypothesis reveals this very same idea suggests that ODAP assures that the condition of someone in Chris's starving state only gets worse. Yet Krakauer ignores the evidence outlined in Chris's own journal and photos, which clearly show him to continue hunting and gathering food. The hypothesis says paralysis would have prevented such efforts. Folks, Chris starved to death. He was too proud to admit his mistakes. It was better for him to create an excuse (accidental poisoning), although mushroom poisoning matched up better with his symptoms. His journal twice mentions eating "many mushrooms," with the second round of consumption strongly suggesting the consumption of hallucinogenic mushrooms. In letters larger than his famous "moose!" declaration, McCandless lists "DREAM" not once but twice - the second with lines and arrows pointing back up to the original and to a bizarre notation of "IFN524Holes, At the Belt, At the Foot, Gives Frequency."
Krakauer completely ignores this notation. Why? Because it doesn't fit his narrative. Just as evidence regarding Chris's sexual preferences did not fit the "monk" narrative. As much as Carine or others would like to think of Chris as Jesus, he simply wasn't, assuming Jesus was a monk, which he probably was not.
If Lamothe does nothing else, he moves toward busting up some of the mythology that has been created. The interviews with the roommate and Will Forsberg are good journalism, even if they fly in the face of Hollywood.

nickparis

Postby nickparis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:49 pm

I received a DVD copy within the last 3/4 months. My fourth copy! (one lost moving home, one scratched and one left at the bus) perhaps there has been a mix up.

Seattle Rain

Postby Seattle Rain » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:11 pm

junkcollector wrote:You can order the DVD but you will not get it. Evidently Ron Lamothe is no longer supplying the DVD, or he is just collecting the money you send via Pay Pal. Look elsewhere for the video.

Have you contacted him? Last summer (2013) I ordered the Documentary to stream to my iPad, and had streaming issues. So I Emailed him and asked if I could just pay the difference and get the DVD and he told me I didn't have to pay the difference and just sent me the DVD. He responded within hours of my Email and I received the DVD within 10 days. I suspect if you were to contact him, he'd make it right. Mistakes happen, it doesn't mean he's trying to rip people off.

Isabella2

Postby Isabella2 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:40 am

This Documentary was absolutely terrible. I paid 15 bucks for an awful Documentary. Its inaccurate and gives no insight to the McCandless story.

Mikako

Ron Lamothe documentary available on DVD

Postby Mikako » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Good idea..its 3 emails later so i dont hold out much hope O_0
No probs Dave thanks,
Got my Cam software for friend sorted,thx for your help..again
Robbie

oFFTHEgrid

Re: HOUSE NUMBER!!!!

Postby oFFTHEgrid » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 am

@Ron Lamothe---- Three bazillion years later I finally saw your documentary AND thought I'd try to find the house to take a pic for my stepdevil that LOVES Chris's story-- So I start popping suggested addresses ppl are talking about on here into google maps ie: 4608 and 4620. Nope. nope, nope-- neither have the correct front window (seen in the family pic reportedly taken AFTER family fight and before church on one Sunday per sister)

So I do the entire length of the street looking on both sides via Google street view. Only 3-4 houses out of 30+ have that same window, are clapboard vs brick, lack shutters, etc..... ex: 4713, 4717

BUT................................. pop in 4809 (4806) Willet Dr. in!! (curb and google maps are off)..................... notice anything CREEPY!!???????? Note: These are SEPT 2012 GOOGLE street view images-- in case they update before anyone sees it, but I'd say that THAT is the house! AND I've NEVER seen Google do that before to anything other than a face, license plate or something that would specifically identify a person. WEIRDNESS!!!!

oFFTHEgrid

Postby oFFTHEgrid » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:02 am

and disregard last post about it possibly being the blurred house at 4806 (9) on google street view.

4608 it is-- and it just sold. Interior decorations match description in sister's book, Harley stuff on walls and Harley under a tarp in carport on street view as well.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4608-Willet-Dr-Annandale-VA-22003/51871186_zpid/

Return to “Discussions on the Book”