New e-book about Chris, the Stampede Trail, and Magic Bus

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
Ken Ilgunas

New e-book about Chris, the Stampede Trail, and Magic Bus

Postby Ken Ilgunas » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm a writer, who just recently published a long essay/tiny book about how the Magic Bus, over the years, has become a pilgrimage destination. It's 9,000 words, contains pictures, it's $3, and it's called "The McCandless Mecca."

http://www.amazon.com/The-McCandless-Mecca-Pilgrimage-ebook/dp/B00DPMYXFS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374010577&sr=8-3&keywords=ken+ilgunas

Some things you may not know about the Stampede Trail/Magic Bus:

-There are ATV and Jeep tours along the Stampede, as well as dog-mushing and $1,300 helicopter, yes helicopter!, tours that will take you straight to the bus's door.

-Currently, the natural gas industry is surveying the Healy Basin for potential fracking sites, including a good portion of the Stampede Trail, all the way up to the Savage River.

-There are ongoing discussions among Alaska State Parks for turning the bus into a recreation area, where people can camp and see the bus. Other gov't entities have had similar ideas. In 2004, for instance, the Park Service and Department of Natural Resources proposed plans to pave a 90-mile road along the Stampede, where, at the site of the bus, there’d be a fee station, a developed campground, and a “defined parking area for automobiles, RVs and buses.” In another scenario, there’d be a maintained trail with a footbridge over the Tek and cabins by the bus.

taylorra

Re: New e-book about Chris, the Stampede Trail, and Magic Bu

Postby taylorra » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:31 am

How do mp3 ebooks work? i just bought my kids an mp3 player and it has ebook on it. my son loves to read but i can only find audio ebooks is that the only way we can download the books or can we find books that would come in text format? Please explain in detail how the ebooks work on mp3 players. He is able to watch movies, record video, take pictures, and listen to music-it's an ematic 4gb mp3 player.

Servicenwy

New e book about Chris the Stampede Trail and Magic Bus

Postby Servicenwy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:48 pm

hey all i am new the the site and i LOVE the videos Kathleen if so funny and i am also new to magic aka the Cardboard Crack habit i have also got my 12 year old some in to it and he loves the site too

Ian

Return to “The Magic Bus”