New evidence, enduring reasons

An interesting topic as there seems to be a lot of theories.
Stheno5

New evidence, enduring reasons

Postby Stheno5 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:47 pm

The recent death of a 19-year-old inspired by Chris introduced me to this amazing story, and the theories/criticisms surrounding it.

What I found alarming and shameful were the initial reactions of Alaskans who called him naive and selfish.

Chris died doing what he believed in. Mold, toxins, hubris... Whatever the reason, (the lastest paper on his death seems heartbreakingly plausible) the bigger "why" to me seems to be why would a vibrant young man eshue the grand life he was given? What has our society become when we fail to realize that those of us seeking more out if life can't find it so easily?

A lot has happened since Chris aka "Alex" worked his way into the Alaskan wilderness. Did he mean to die? I don't think so. I think he meant to live, and that for 100 plus days, he lived more than I ever might.

Sorry if I posted this in an area more suited to scientific debate. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

fredmerlin

Re: New evidence, enduring reasons

Postby fredmerlin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 am

Well said, Sthenos. I read your other posts, and couldn't agree more about the aging process. Maybe most people forgot how they FELT at such an age in life...OR possibly cannot open their minds as to how betrayed Chris must have felt about his beginning and the family secrets. If nothing, it is a lesson to all of us (especially those all over the social media scene) that, whatever life you may live at 20, may come back to haunt you someday. We are all FAR from perfect, but many jump to condemn. I honestly believe if Chris had lived to forgive, he would have by now.

This Hamilton Paper is, as you put, so "heartbreakingly plausible". We are all seeking the truth, as Chris so vehemently did in his short lifetime.

fredmerlin

Postby fredmerlin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:37 am

Sorry....I got you mixed up with the other new guy, RazorsEdge. His post about living your dreams was in my head.

Cherp94

Postby Cherp94 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:15 pm

I don't think he meant to die I think he tried to cross the river and go back home.

wbhssampson

Postby wbhssampson » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:25 pm

I have a friend who was telling me that there were investigations about the seeds that chris ate.
My friend said that the author thought it was because chris ate a poison seed. But there was a virus going around that attacks the immune system. The virus only attacks the immune systems of the undernourished and it will cause their muscles and nerves to not react causing them to feel paralyzed. The investigators thing Chris might have eaten a seed with the virus causing him to be paralyzed for days then shutting him immune system down. Leaving his body on the back of the bus.

Return to “Discussions on why Chris passed away...”