I plan to hit the road soon need advice on backpack!!!

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
TRjames

I plan to hit the road soon need advice on backpack!!!

Postby TRjames » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:54 am

Hello all, My name is Thomas I live in Australia and I wanna live on the road for some time, I have been looking into purchasing a decent back pack for my travels but i'm unsure what to go for. Here in Australia some of the main brands are Deuter, Denali and Black Wolf im sure there are more brands out there. The Deuter packs seem to get a good rap what are your thoughts? I need a pack that will be able to hold sleeping bag, tent and tent poles, clothes, food and all the other necessities, Can you guys point me in the right direction to a good pack that will do me well while living on the road. Remember I live in Australia so there maybe some brands I may not of heard of that you guys may suggest, I can always buy online from overseas. I need something roomy to hold all the essentials.

Cheers guys and gals, Thomas.

bones

Re: I plan to hit the road soon need advice on backpack!!!

Postby bones » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:19 am

I would recommend looking into ultralight backpacking. Most backpacking gear will weigh between 25-50 pounds fully loaded. Having that much weight on your back is not natural and can mess up you balance, slow you down, and be stressful on your body. You could buy a set of gear that weighs under 15 pounds, but would be somewhat expensive. If you buy your stuff on sale, you can get a complete set of lightweight gear for that weighs about 20 pounds fully loaded [including water] for under $600 US dollars. Search ultralight backpacking on google, and visit this site:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/index.html?id=7Di4vkWW:69.20.70.86

Kayleigh

Re: I plan to hit the road soon need advice on backpack!!!

Postby Kayleigh » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:18 am

bones wrote:I would recommend looking into ultralight backpacking. Most backpacking gear will weigh between 25-50 pounds fully loaded. Having that much weight on your back is not natural and can mess up you balance, slow you down, and be stressful on your body. You could buy a set of gear that weighs under 15 pounds, but would be somewhat expensive. If you buy your stuff on sale, you can get a complete set of lightweight gear for that weighs about 20 pounds fully loaded [including water] for under $600 US dollars. Search ultralight backpacking on google, and visit this site:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/index.html?id=7Di4vkWW:69.20.70.86

bones!If I am not wrong It seems to me that you have great knowledge about backpacking and had experienced it many times.Or are you from any site or tour organizer company? I

urball

I plan to hit the road soon need advice on backpack

Postby urball » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:53 am

I still have all the pics. Would just need some free time to edit the above posting...

-Shane

Очень интересный и красивый сайт
http://elwoods-pz.ru

Return to “Travelling”