Im thinking about doing something like Chris McCandless did

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
uffemoll

Postby uffemoll » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:30 pm

I soon turn 16 years, and I'm really tired of my family, school and almost everything. I have about 900$ and if i sell my laptop I would have 900 more. If i end up doing something like Chris what do you suggest I take with me in my backpack, and how do I earn my money on the road? (I live in Denmark BTW)

NatureLove

Re: Im thinking about doing something like Chris McCandless

Postby NatureLove » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 pm

uffemoll: I think it is really brave to got out - into the wild :) and i hope you will have a really great time! Well i can give you some advice what to put in you backpack as i' ve been allready traveling often with backpack. I think it is important to have a good cooker in order to boil water and to prepare meals (always carry enough food with you!), another important tihng is to have a waterfilter, a tent if you want to sleep outside, flashlight(for the head),if you need: a toothbrush and a small towel,a whistel,a map with compass, sleepingbag,clothes depend on what area you will go, camera,diary,a jackknife, and of course a good book ;)
Alway have enough food and water! this is really important! I hope i did not forget anything...
Good luck, enjoy the beauty of nature, get rid of you daily life, and try to find yourself....Always remember to be happy, face you fears and be brave enough to live your dream! I believe in you!
Best Grades

uffemoll

Postby uffemoll » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:19 pm

NatureLove wrote:uffemoll: I think it is really brave to got out - into the wild :) and i hope you will have a really great time! Well i can give you some advice what to put in you backpack as i' ve been allready traveling often with backpack. I think it is important to have a good cooker in order to boil water and to prepare meals (always carry enough food with you!), another important tihng is to have a waterfilter, a tent if you want to sleep outside, flashlight(for the head),if you need: a toothbrush and a small towel,a whistel,a map with compass, sleepingbag,clothes depend on what area you will go, camera,diary,a jackknife, and of course a good book ;)
Alway have enough food and water! this is really important! I hope i did not forget anything...
Good luck, enjoy the beauty of nature, get rid of you daily life, and try to find yourself....Always remember to be happy, face you fears and be brave enough to live your dream! I believe in you!
Best Grades

Thanks for the good advice, now i have a good idea what I'm going to put in my back pack :D But do you have any ideas how I can earn money? :idea:

kane7281

Postby kane7281 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:07 am

Hey man, this post is a bit old, but perhaps you still have the burning desire of which very few posses, to run away from it all, and live free, and wild. I too have this desire, and according to you, almost for the same reasons. Anyway, you may want to take some more things with you than what was stated before. First you need a decent pack that will haul your crap. Second, you will probably need fire starting objects. Such as a lighter, flint and steel, matches, or a combination of those. You will probably want a sleeping pad too; the ground sucks the heat out of your body and it is cold without one. Some sort of weapon such as a medium sized knife too. You will probably never use it to fight things, but the peace of mind is the main thing. I can't think of anything else yet but just remember; loneliness will sweep over you and make you feel terrible, but as with most things it will pass. There are frightening things in this world but the adventure in life is to face those things head on. As for money on the road... Well, you have a multitude of options. Including, but not limited to: playing music, selling scavenged items, household work, artwork, arm wrestling, street fighting (not recommended), prostitution (not recommended), stealing (not recommended), and so on. Basically, there are good things you can do to make money, and there are bad things. Do whatever you are up to and don't purposely become a different person just to make money. Be yourself. Good luck Mate! Perhaps our wandering selves will cross paths someday.
P.S. If you are interested in travelling and want more resources visit the site: Squat The Planet. It is very useful, or at least it was to me.

uffemoll

Postby uffemoll » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:17 am

kane7281 wrote:Hey man, this post is a bit old, but perhaps you still have the burning desire of which very few posses, to run away from it all, and live free, and wild. I too have this desire, and according to you, almost for the same reasons. Anyway, you may want to take some more things with you than what was stated before. First you need a decent pack that will haul your crap. Second, you will probably need fire starting objects. Such as a lighter, flint and steel, matches, or a combination of those. You will probably want a sleeping pad too; the ground sucks the heat out of your body and it is cold without one. Some sort of weapon such as a medium sized knife too. You will probably never use it to fight things, but the peace of mind is the main thing. I can't think of anything else yet but just remember; loneliness will sweep over you and make you feel terrible, but as with most things it will pass. There are frightening things in this world but the adventure in life is to face those things head on. As for money on the road... Well, you have a multitude of options. Including, but not limited to: playing music, selling scavenged items, household work, artwork, arm wrestling, street fighting (not recommended), prostitution (not recommended), stealing (not recommended), and so on. Basically, there are good things you can do to make money, and there are bad things. Do whatever you are up to and don't purposely become a different person just to make money. Be yourself. Good luck Mate! Perhaps our wandering selves will cross paths someday.
P.S. If you are interested in travelling and want more resources visit the site: Squat The Planet. It is very useful, or at least it was to me.

Thank you :)

Servicenwy

Postby Servicenwy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:19 am

I've been thinking about starting up a ponified version of Shadowrun in this forum. Is anypony familiar with the game or even heard of it?

Return to “Travelling”