Is there anybody out there

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
crazyc133

Is there anybody out there

Postby crazyc133 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:22 am

Getting ready to leave on my grand adventure. Would love hear from anyone that's done it and how they did it, money or no money, car or no car etc.
Looking forward to some solitude but not opposed to company if anyone is interested. I am 34 male and completely at home in the wilds as well as urban areas.
I have waited to long to leave. I have tried to hard to fit in. My soul is thin and it's time to live.

a-h

Re: Is there anybody out there

Postby a-h » Sat May 11, 2013 8:52 pm

I haven't done anything like that yet, but would really like to hear peoples stories too since I'm planning to leave. My soul is thin, too.
If anyone feel like sharing, please answer here. It's hard to find similar-minded people nowadays.

Walker

Postby Walker » Sat May 18, 2013 2:50 pm

I've travelled some, by myself, and generally live off as little money as I can. Though nothing on the scale of what Chris did. And I too find it hard to find people with a similar mindset to my own. I wish you both luck on your Grand Adventures!

TyCanada

Postby TyCanada » Sun May 26, 2013 6:00 pm

I am definitely traveling this summer. I plan on hitchhiking and walking to my final destination. It is somewhat an experience that one can say they have done as well as something I have been eager to do for quite a while. I will spend as little money as I can on the trip, but spending it before so I am prepared. I hope people don't copy exactly what Chris did, because that was his own form of finding himself. I would hope for people that look up to him (including me) do what they want to do to find their own self. Chris was a huge inspiration for a lot of people!

crazyc133

Postby crazyc133 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Thinking about doing this a different way. I found a zen buddist monastery that allows travelers to stay for as little as 700 a month. If they continue after three months they may let you stay indefinetly for free. It is in the mountains of central California.
Now I know this is not in the true spirit of what chris did, but it is a way to start annnnddddd some might say that what he did can't be done today. things are just to expensive and nobody that I have ever met is going to pick up a grungy dirty hitchhiker. I also find it interesting that chris did not do any of this without money. He took money with him and was found with over a thousand dollars on him.

Ryan Dean

Postby Ryan Dean » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:09 pm

That sounds great where you thinking of traveling to?

Return to “Travelling”