Tried hitchhiking today...

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
bones

Tried hitchhiking today...

Postby bones » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:53 pm

... for about 10 minutes. I was walking into town, and suddenly got the urge to try it. It was kind of weird at first, especially because I was so close to town [usually people hitchhike on highways], but I actually wanted to get picked up just for the thrill. I didnt get picked up :cry: but I feel like the next time I try it will be easier. I plan on trying it from now on whenever I can, maybe I wont have to pay for the bus anymore.

TyCanada

Re: Tried hitchhiking today...

Postby TyCanada » Sun May 26, 2013 5:56 pm

If you tried for about 10 minutes, there is a slim chance of getting a ride. I suspect you didn't have a backpack of some sort nor did you have a place to go. The more ideal situation for hitchhiking is getting to the edge of town and find the entrance ramp to the major highway. No one is going to pick you up in the city... Whether you are heading North, South, East, or West, you have to get to that side of the on ramp. A sign really helps a lot too so people know you're not loony and you are literate. Of course, even with being prepared, expect to wait somewhere between a half hour to four hours. It isn't as easy as it was back in the day.

bones

Re: Tried hitchhiking today...

Postby bones » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:39 am

I am going to attempt some hitchhiking trips this summer, in Vermont. Its considered by many people to be the safest state for it. Although I'm still nervous. The idea of getting into a random car is kind of weird. I did a little bit of hitchhiking into towns last year on the Appalachian Trail, and I thought it was fun. But it was kind of different because its normal to see AT hikers near the trail.

Fheromodz

Tried hitchhiking today

Postby Fheromodz » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:33 pm

Thought id try out these 20" Savani wheels today before i sold them. A little big and too pimp for the cobra but thought id share..

Return to “Travelling”