A Bit About Me

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
susanlydia

A Bit About Me

Postby susanlydia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi, my name is Susan, and I live in Michigan. I love music, literature, people, and nature, amongst other things.
In my life, I have already visited a few places, the latest being California and Arizona, which were both lovely. Having been born in Arizona, it was interesting to see my homeland.
To be perfectly honest, I haven't fully enjoyed myself when traveling due to the people with me. That's not to say I didn't love who I was with; I simply mean that we had very different ways of thinking and of enjoying life. I like to explore an area, to interact with and get to know the people I see, to take pictures, to appreciate local art and music. If there's a lake, river, or ocean nearby, chances are, I want to go swimming. :)I don't really enjoy whirlwind tours of theme parks and malls.
Later on down the road, preferably when I graduate from high school (I may or may not postpone my adventures to after college), I'm planning on traveling the world. First America, then I suppose I'll see where I go from there.
I sing, write, and play guitar and harmonica, and the idea of touring has also been an attraction, although I know I can't be certain of ever having the honor of being able to do that.
Call me idealistic, foolish, naive, whatever you like, but it's been a dream of mine to REALLY see the world.
I'd love to have a person or people to travel with.
Also, to anyone who is planning on or is currently out there seeing the world: please, tell me about your experiences, send pictures, I'd LOVE that.

If you have any words of wisdom, an interest in someday being my travel buddy, or are willing to keep me updated on your travels and become a friend, let me know. I'll gladly give my email address if you ask.

Much love and thanks to you all. :)

Line

Re: A Bit About Me

Postby Line » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Susan!
My name is Pauline, i'm french, so i don't speak very well english, sorry...
But i appreciated your message on this forum and i wanted to answer you!
I love arts and travels too. I am in a Art scool and i dance a lot, i play guitar too, i love reading, seing movie...and TRAVELLING!
Chris's life, the movie, the book are very precious for me, when i'm not ok, think about that makes me feel well...
One day i leave all of that, so soon, i hope.

If you want to speak, about travels, arts, life...i will be happy to have an answer from you!

And again, sorry for my english....but i work on this!

poppyallan

Postby poppyallan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 am

Hi Susan!
My name is Poppy and I live in the UK. I love to write and read!
McCandless' story has completely changed my life and spurred an urge in me to travel and make something of this life. I plan on getting an education first- just like he did as my parents would not be pleased and then having my own adventure. I read books about adventures and normal people would put them down satisfied when finished but I don't see why we can't have our own adventures!
I would love to visit Salvation Mountain, the Colorado River and most importantly the Magic Bus before seeing the rest of the world. I plan on hitch hiking and doing things with as little money as possible! I'd like to visit all seven continents and backpack.
I cannot wait to leave, the idea of venturing on my own exhilarates me!

Well that is a bit about me, I hope perhaps to hear from you again?
:)

tazammal

Postby tazammal » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Later on down the road, preferably when I graduate from high school (I may or may not postpone my adventures to after college), I'm planning on traveling the world. First America, then I suppose I'll see where I go from there.
I sing, write, and play guitar and harmonica, and the idea of touring has also been an attraction, although I know I can't be certain of ever having the honor of being able to do that.
Call me idealistic, foolish, naive, whatever you like, but it's been a dream of mine to REALLY see the world.
iqbal

tazammal

Postby tazammal » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:31 pm

iqbal

larryholmes

Postby larryholmes » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:53 am

Hello, I'm Larry. Just like everybody else I also am a very adventurous person. I almost travel 5 countries I guess. In which I found that in every countries peoples have different cultures and tradition. I do sometimes go with the trend and adjust with their society.

Kayleigh

Postby Kayleigh » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:32 am

larryholmes wrote:Hello, I'm Larry. Just like everybody else I also am a very adventurous person. I almost travel 5 countries I guess. In which I found that in every countries peoples have different cultures and tradition. I do sometimes go with the trend and adjust with their society.

larryholmes! I am a new member of this community and happy to know that you love adventures. I love to visit the adventures places and bike riding on hill stations. Do you ever enjoy this activity? I wanted to know more about you. Would you like to talk about yourself briefly?

EllieHowarth

Postby EllieHowarth » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 pm

I've found a lot of great deals on hotels and flights on there. A taxi from the Sea-Tac airport to downtown hotels is around $35 USD. Not pocket change. Fortunately, the public transportation in Seattle is decent

Kayleigh

Postby Kayleigh » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:21 am

EllieHowarth! Would you like to tell me the hotel name which you have mentioned in your post? Kindly mention the names with some description about them. I am interested to know your views and information about those hotels. According to me your views can change other's opinion !!

Subbotaisows

A Bit About Me

Postby Subbotaisows » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:11 am

Thanks for joining us, Michael, and for giving us a bit of insight into your history. And you too should feel free to ask any questions youd like.

Return to “Travelling”