Have u been into Alaska? Have u seen 142 bus? I need help!

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
carla_lucia

Have u been into Alaska? Have u seen 142 bus? I need help!

Postby carla_lucia » Sun May 27, 2012 12:27 am

Have you been into Alaska? Have you seen the 142 bus? I need help!

I'd like to visit the place where the movie takes place. I know you can visit touristically, but I have not found information about that.
Can anyone help me?
I wonder what time of year is the best to go, and if it is necessary prior contact or is freely accessible bus area.

Thank you very much!
Carla

Wedelen64

Re: Have u been into Alaska? Have u seen 142 bus? I need hel

Postby Wedelen64 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Hey, try this link. It is a website owned by Eric Halfacre, an administrator of this forum. Eric arguably knows more about going to see the bus than anyone and his website is an excellent resource for planning a trip to the bus. Eric also has a "contact" section so you can ask any questions. Also, if you take the time to search this forum you will find it an excellent resource for information on the bus, especially the "magic bus" section.

http://www.stampedetrail.info/whattoknow.php

carla_lucia

Postby carla_lucia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:26 am

thank you so much!!

RobinJack

Postby RobinJack » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:34 am

Winter is best for you to go to Alaska. Don't worry about the transport. It is smoother than you are assuming.

http://www.homeconsulting.fr/

morghanchiesa1

Postby morghanchiesa1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:21 pm

I think travelling to Alaska would be awesome, and such a great expierence... even though i HATE the cold. I'd love to visit the magic 142 bus where Chris stayed, i think it would be a really interesting thing to do. but if i were to travel out there, i would most certainly go supplied with food, and proper protection, and proper shelter. i'm not a wilderness person, i would be hopelessly unsuccessful if i tried to survive on my own, in the wild, like Chris Mccandless did.

Return to “Travelling”