Pacific Crest Trai

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
RafaLibaneo

Pacific Crest Trai

Postby RafaLibaneo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:53 am

Hey everyone!

So, a few years ago, two, to be more precise, was the first time I saw "Into the Wild", the movie, and I was fascinated with the idea of breaking out in this world. The first thing that came in my mind was, why not? Now that I'm almost in legal age to do so, I'm working and raising money to go to Pacific Crest Trail, one of the place Christopher has been and the one that most called my attention.
I made this post to ask if you guys know anyone that already did it or wants to and how it went.

RafaLibaneo

Re: Pacific Crest Trail

Postby RafaLibaneo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 am

Pacific Crest Trail*

Magic_Don

Re: Pacific Crest Trai

Postby Magic_Don » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 am

A friend of a former coworker or mine did. He left everything behind, caught a bus up to Washington, then got into Canada. Hwe lived there maybe 2-4 weeks though before he came home. It was sad times reading that. He ended up missing friends, family, etc. Which is understandable, if you have those really good ones to miss.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

goombla

Postby goombla » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:21 pm

How long will you be staying there?

solovoyager

Postby solovoyager » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:50 pm

I've never hiked it. I recently read the book "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed which was about her experiences backpacking the PCT. I enjoyed the book but it wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea. She spends much of the book talking about the loss of her mother and the end of her marriage, and just how lost she feels as a human being.

Return to “Travelling”