train hopping.

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
JesusIsLove777

train hopping.

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:52 pm

this probably has to be one of the most fun ways to travel. with hitchhiking you are at the mercy of the person driving... but with train hopping its just you and who you're with.

do y'all have any sweet stories/tips/whatever??

:)

goombla

Re: train hopping.

Postby goombla » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:49 pm

none here but anyone know how this might work with a dog??

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:51 am

hahaha not sure my man. you might have to leave the dog behind :(

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:06 pm

hahaha train hopping sounds sooo fun :)

Footloose

Postby Footloose » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:39 am

Train hopping has to be one of my favourite means of transport. Being from Australia though, I rarely get the luxury as there is a real shortage of 'hoppable' trains. However on the rare occasion that I get to it's great. I'm 18 and I've been a leather tramp for two years now, but when I first hit the road, I decided to hit this small sugar-cane train. With my lack of experience train hopping, I ended up losing all my gear (some rice, a few old clothes, a rifle, my knife, etc...). The train was moving pretty slow (I thought) so I threw my bag on and went to jump in myself but obviously misjudged it cause the next thing I knew I was on the ground with a broken wrist watching the train roll away with my gear. I had to walk 70 km to the nearest town to get some pain-killers... Every other time has been good though. Like you say, it beats hitchhiking because your not at the mercy of the person you're hitching a ride with :)
If atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways, and our mind is made of atoms and particles, then how can free will exist?

Return to “Travelling”