experiences europe?

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
BeNomadic

experiences europe?

Postby BeNomadic » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Hey there!

I just registrated and this is my first post, so ill just tell you a little about me and hope you can help me out with your hopefully existing experiences.

I am currently living in germany, still going to school, but graduating in march 2012. Afterwards Im planning on travelling through the US for 6 months by hitchhiking. Is it realistic to hitchhike from the upper east coast down to florida and then to the westcoast within that time? The problem is that it's really hard to get a visa for a whole year, and longer nearly impossible without having a job or something like that.

Also after my return to Europe I'd like to continue travelling around here for a while. Does anyone have experience hitchhiking through Germany, and other european countries, how about Norway? What'll the police do if you're not carrying an identification? Is it possible to find work for a while, without having to fill out a form with insurance numbers, etc.? Any suggestions on books about edible plants in Germany?

Thats about all the questions I remember right now, if anything else comes to my mind, I'll let you now.

Thanks for the responses!

Return to “Travelling”