- Anyone from or ever been to Ireland?

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
Kris1989

- Anyone from or ever been to Ireland?

Postby Kris1989 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Just curious, I stayed in Dublin for two weeks. Thought I would ask, so I can talk with whoever about the country I'm border-line obsessed with.

inspiredbychris

Re: - Anyone from or ever been to Ireland?

Postby inspiredbychris » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm

My ancestry is Irish and I spent two weeks through New Years 2008 in Dublin and Belfast. Fantastic places (although I enjoyed Dublin much more)

Kris1989

Postby Kris1989 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Dublin was amazing. Everyone was so polite and nice. All you had to do was make eye contact and they would strike up a conversation with you. So much different than the people here. Quite sad. I would live there if only they had better weather.
I bet Belfast was sure interesting, got pretty crazy there at one point in time. Still is in some parts. I definitely plan to go back to the emerald isle. I want to go to Galways and kerry, out in the country with the sheep and stone cottages.

Kait

Postby Kait » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:26 am

I was in Ireland for a week in March.

Ger87

Postby Ger87 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:50 am

HI Kris1989,
I'm from Ireland myself. I just finished a charity cycle to Glendalough, and I would suggest next time your in Ireland you pay a visit. Bring some rain gear though, because when it rains it pours particularly on that side of the Derrybawn mountain. I can leave some pics on the sight if your like.
While Kerry and Galway are beautiful, I would suggest you try west Cork or Donegal(which ,scenic wise is the most beautiful in Ireland).
I'm glad you love Ireland so. I spent most of the hour break for lunch in glendalough talking to a lovely American family from Tennessee, so I think it goes both ways. Hope the next time your over you have as good a time as the first.
Cead Mile Failte.

not much of a friend

Postby not much of a friend » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi, I'm a new member. I Love the book "Into the Wild", I am writing essay about it as we speak. I went to Ireland with my Mom and a friend of hers. We had a rented car and we spent 30 days driving all over the place. W only spent 2.5 days in Dublin. I wanted to stay longer because U2 were playing near by. Alas I was at the mercy of my mom. I fell in love with Ireland and I think about going back all the time.

solovoyager

Postby solovoyager » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:47 am

I've been to Ireland twice - once alone, the second time with my mother. I intended on seeing all of Ireland, including Dublin - but just fell in love with the west of Ireland and lingered there. Dingle, Dingle Peninsula, Galway, Connemara.....

Return to “Travelling”