Native Americans,vagabonds and hitchhiking

Use this forum to chat about anything to do with travelling.
pezar

Re: Native Americans,vagabonds and hitchhiking

Postby pezar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:32 pm

I am twice your age, and I have a few words of advice. You need to be patient. Hitchhiking is very dangerous, especially for a young female (I assume you're a girl, since McKenna is a girl's name). You need to work a little and buy a car so you can drive. If your parents want to buy you a car, let them. The Nissan Versa is a great little car and very reliable, and not very expensive. For a used car look for a Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra. It seems that the car rental places mainly sell Fords, which aren't that great.

Also, you need to learn a trade, a skill that you can use to earn money with. I am a computer repairman. You could learn to repair cars and RVs, the rubber tramp community always needs someone to repair their old vehicles and you can earn money that way. I have seen several rubber tramps standing by their dead RVs by the side of the road, they sometimes don't maintain them and they tend to freeze up. You need to go to school to learn a trade, get a car, and THEN go.

ative Americans are very distrustful of whites because of what we did to them, it takes a long time to earn their trust. Look in your local bookstore for books on Native American survival skills, I have a book called Survival Skills of Native California. Also, do call your parents every so often so they know you're alive, Walt and Billie spent two agonizing years not knowing if Chris was ok, and while Chris had his issues it's not ok to freeze out your family like that.

Kids turn to drugs because their lives and souls are empty, all their parents care about is material things and it rots them. I grew up in a very wealthy area-at the time the per capita income of the town was greater than that of Beverly Hills!-and all people cared about were cars and money, and the kids did drugs and had sex and two girls in my senior class came to graduation with a baby in tow. As soon as I could I rejected that life and the whole striving to be rich thing, all that shit about who had the bigger house and the faster Ferrari and the most money. And that was before kids were comparing their iphones in class.

My generation had the 1-800 area code pager, since there were no widely used cell phones, and kids would show off their pagers. But when I went back to school to learn PC repair I was shocked, all the students did was watch Youtube on the school computers and use instant messaging while the teacher was talking. They really didn't want to be there, all they wanted was the certification. Well, you can pay $250 and just take the fucking tests, no need for a $10k education then! We're heading into a new Great Depression, and all the cool kids will end up in an alley somewhere with meth addled brains that have spongy holes in them. In Argentina they have a drug called Paco which is made from the waste generated by refining coca leaf for cocaine, and users live about 6 months. Just wait until THAT shows up in the US!

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 am

Some very wise words and sound advice, well put man.

Pathlesswoods<3

Postby Pathlesswoods<3 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:30 pm

I would totally do this with you. I dont live that far and im also a girl.message me back! :)

Return to “Travelling”