What can I fix at the bus ? (please read!)

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
Samuel

What can I fix at the bus ? (please read!)

Postby Samuel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi there,
My name is samuel, i'm from belgium and want to make a trip to the bus next summer, but I would like to do something when I'm there.I would like to fix the windows and bring the bus in a better shape + make a rope bridge above telikia river.
I've never bin there before so I would like to ask if some people here can check the sizes of the windows and make a close up picture of the sides of the windows so I can bring all the stuff I need when I go there.
Also I would like to know how long the ropes need to be (long enough) so the bridge can be used in all kind of curcomstenses.
Other things I need to know:
-In what time of the year the river is the lowest
-wich things are there (things like books, chairs, food, etc,)
- the condition of the matras
-anything I can fix there

Please tell me what I need! :)
And sorry for my bad english
Greetings samuel!

JuliaMsk

Re: What can I fix at the bus ? (please read!)

Postby JuliaMsk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi, Samuel! I also think its a shame the way people trashed and ruined the bus (and probably keep doing it). Its strange that the thought of fixing the bus didnt occur to anyone before, especially the hunters who use the bus as a shelter. And it would be easier for them to bring materials, as many of them go by some means of transport... anyway I just wanted to wish you good luck on your trip!

What do you plan to fix the windows with? what do you think about "polycarbonate"? its a durable kind of thermoplastic used for greenhouses, bottles etc. (just a thought) :)

Samuel

Postby Samuel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:03 am

JuliaMsk wrote:Hi, Samuel! I also think its a shame the way people trashed and ruined the bus (and probably keep doing it). Its strange that the thought of fixing the bus didnt occur to anyone before, especially the hunters who use the bus as a shelter. And it would be easier for them to bring materials, as many of them go by some means of transport... anyway I just wanted to wish you good luck on your trip!

What do you plan to fix the windows with? what do you think about "polycarbonate"? its a durable kind of thermoplastic used for greenhouses, bottles etc. (just a thought) :)

Samuel

Postby Samuel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Julia, I want to make windows with polycarbonate, plastic windows, with dubble layers so the woodfire can be used and you can look at the northern lights :)
Samuel

DrProzac

Postby DrProzac » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi there Samuel!
I've just read the article
- http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20130604/should-infamous-mccandless-bus-near-healy-alaska-be-removed
-> and I'm also very concerned. Why is nobody doing something?! As far as I see it, the bus is still used as a shelter by locals and tourists alike:
So:
1) removal of the bus wouldn't save anyone - on the contrary.
2) fixing the bus seems only natural!
3) when are you going? you said something about next summer... you mean the summer of 2014?

I think it's a great plan. If you are trying to make a small "fix-the-bus-expidition 2014" you should name your post as such. And I will try to join you!
Greetings from Germany!

e.man

Postby e.man » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:44 am

Puting a roof over the whole thing would protect it and make it much more useful to everybody.

usman

Postby usman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:31 am

-In what time of the year the river is the lowest
-wich things are there (things like books, chairs, food, etc,)
- the condition of the matras
-anything I can fix there
iqbal

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:46 am

Usman,
Take a minute and check out a website hosted by Erik Halfacre. You'll find a lot of your answers there and an ocean of fine information regarding everything you need to know about the Stampede, Bus 142, what to expect, and more.

I think the greatest contribution to the bus and those that use/enjoy/need it would be to pack out some of the trash that has accumulated out there. Oh, and don't use it for target practice. That would be great too.

Subbotaisows

What can I fix at the bus please read

Postby Subbotaisows » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:07 am

I row and cox, what are some cool things I can say when Im coxing to get my crew fired up to row hard, to get them to keep rowing hard through the set, and to congratulate them after a good set?

Return to “The Magic Bus”