got stuck by the Tetlanika on the way back

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
mbayssel@gmail.com

got stuck by the Tetlanika on the way back

Postby mbayssel@gmail.com » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:31 am

Hello

My friend and I are just back from the bus.

The hike resulted much harder then expected. indeed, although we could easily cross the Tetlanika river on our way to the bus, the water flow rapidly increased while we were at the bus (we spent one night at the bus) so we could not cross it easily on our way back.

With two other guys we met at the bus, we spent two nights by the river trying to figure out a way to cross, and we eventually managed to cross it back.

Meanwhile, we needed to take the emergency food left at the bus.

Just so you know.

Thanks

Marc

nickparis

Re: got stuck by the Tetlanika on the way back

Postby nickparis » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi Marc,

I left some emergency food at the bus in May when I was there with 2 of my friends. We too had more difficulty crossing on the way back because of the rapid rate at which the snow was melting... If it was my food that helped you out (I left quite a large amount of tap-ramen noodles, dry sealed meal packets and some emergency rations) then it was worth the effort of carrying it all the way out there.
I know Erik Halfacre had some noodles whilst he was at the bus which was a really cool way to connect with someone from across the world.

Glad you got out safe, that river is much tougher than people think... not until you’re faced with it can you truly know why Chris turned around...

All the best,

Nick
London, U.K.

Return to “The Magic Bus”