Bus is messed up

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
Husky

Bus is messed up

Postby Husky » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:34 am

IMG_9198.jpg
OMG! Sheets on the bed!
IMG_9198.jpg (54.9 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
IMG_9193.jpg
Most windows broken now
IMG_9193.jpg (59.13 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
Took a ride out to the bus on Sunday. Really great trail this year. A friend rode her bike out there in 4 hours. Took me 1 and 1/2 hours on the snow machine. Kind of disappointed that the original journals are gone. Carine took them in and copied them I guess. She sent the copy back out with more pages to fill.

Most of the windows are broken out now. When I last visited there in 2007 I think only one window was broken. Now they are covered with green and gray tarps which makes it less light inside. Not near as good of a shelter as it was before. Now its cold and windy inside.

First time I spent the night in the bus was in 1981. There was lots of wood around then so we could heat the thing up pretty good even at 40 below. And with all the glass still intact we could see the northern lights and a million stars all around as we let the fire die down and dozed off.
Here we are in the years
Where the showman shifts the gears
Lives become careers
Children cry in fear
Let us out of here! Neal Young

Don't let fear stand in the way.
There's nothing to it
but to do it! Husky

erikhalfacre

Re: Bus is messed up

Postby erikhalfacre » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 am

When I tried to ski in a couple weeks ago I saw fat tire bike tracks. If I was going to try and go out again in the winter I think that's how I would do it. I would just rent a bike. It looks like a good way to travel.
Erik Halfacre - Moderator
info@pathfinderalaska.com
http://www.stampedetrail.info

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:37 pm

wow, thats so lame. hopefully someone can repair those windows!!

its pretty pathetic that people waste their time and ruin something so personal to people... :/

mbayssel@gmail.com

Postby mbayssel@gmail.com » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:51 am

There is plenty of rubbish and garbage around the bus. I'm afraid lots of people who go there are not respectful hikers but uneducated rough people.

Marc

Return to “The Magic Bus”