Going September 2012

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
whoami

Going September 2012

Postby whoami » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Hello guys!

I've been postponing my trip to the bus since 2008 for several reasons.
Now that we're in the beginning of the year, I'm planning my vacation so I can definitely make the trip in September 2012 (anytime between Sept 1st to Sept 15th).
My schedule is pretty flexible and I'll be flying to Anchorage from Los Angeles, then I'll rent a car and drive to Fairbanks, Healy and finally start the trail.
I've been collecting plenty of information in the past 4 years about the Stampede Trail, and also I'm not a first-time hiker, so I'm really confident about making this trail.
But I don't want to go alone. First because I definitely would like to have a friend with me sharing that moment. Second for mutual safety. :)

So, if is there anyone willing to do the hike with, please get in touch! No matter if you're a man, a woman, black, white, young, old, if you're alone, if you're in a group of more people, whatever... I'm just looking for companion to make it together!!!

Since flight tickets to Alaska are pretty expensive, I'd like to book my flight no later than march so I can get the cheapest airfare.

If you like all that, please add me on Facebook and let's discuss about it:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1385498296

Cheers!!!

bkohatl

Re: Going September 2012

Postby bkohatl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 pm

I am hoping to be there in August, may stay a few days.
Hope to see you and everyone else there.
Brian

Jedidiah

Postby Jedidiah » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:21 am

There's a large trip going on or around Sept 10th. See the Back to the Wild group on facebook.

lachlanm

Postby lachlanm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 am

Hi Whoami,

My name is Lachlan and I'm from Sydney, Australia. I was interested in visiting the bus in mid-late September of this year when I'm over in the U.S. as well. Did you have any luck finding a bunch of people.

I'd most likely be by myself too, though with the chance I may have a mate with me (but probably not).

Cheers,
Lach!

Wanderlust

Postby Wanderlust » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Hey!

I might possibly be out that way in September. Nothing is certain for me yet. I'm doing a term abroad in Ottawa and was thinking since September is a good time to make the hike I could go from Scotland to Ottawa via a stop off in Anchorage.

Not definite on dates or anything yet though, for flights or term times. All I know is that it would be probably first week of September. Whether that coincides with your trip or not is to be seen but by the time I'm free of uni it'll be too far into winter and I head back to Scotland in January.

I'm 21, done a fair bit of hiking when I was younger but nothing much in recent years but it wouldn't be too hard to get back into the swing of it, it's not like Scotland's lacking in places to hike.

Let me know your plans, if ours don't match have an awesome trip dude. I'll get there eventually.

Return to “The Magic Bus”