Magic Bus Trip 2012

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
nickparis

Magic Bus Trip 2012

Postby nickparis » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:24 pm

This is a message for those people who have been to the bus or those who live a similar climate to that of the bus, I am in the early stages of planning a trip in the spring of 2012, I wanted to know what was the earliest time of year that we could get out to the bus safely without walking through the snow, when the tek is low and the temperatures are not freezing throughout the day, any help would be greatly apreceated.
I am doing my own research of course but no knowlege is better than local knowlege!
Steve Salmon, given your local knowledge a reply from you would be most welcome and helpful. Thanks again to Erik Halfacre for your website about the trail, proving most helpful with my early stages of planning.

Best Regards,

Nick Paris (in the UK)

erikhalfacre

Re: Magic Bus Trip 2012

Postby erikhalfacre » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:34 pm

late May/early June seems to be about the earliest you can go without significant snow.

Check out this video by Julien Menier: http://vimeo.com/27588017

He went June 1-4.
Erik Halfacre - Moderator
info@pathfinderalaska.com
http://www.stampedetrail.info

uksupertramp

Re: Magic Bus Trip 2012

Postby uksupertramp » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:14 am

Hi, Nick

Both myself and Dave are still commited to making the trip. From reading your posts you are now in the early stages of planning your trip for early June (?) next year. I'm friends with Julien Menier on Facebook, and concur with Erik's recommendation of his video. His pictures are also amazing.

Dave is fully booked-up with work until October. If you are still agreeable to us joining you then we are willing to visit you in Surrey later this year to get things moving.

Return to “The Magic Bus”