Group Trip To The Bus

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
ellisd

Group Trip To The Bus

Postby ellisd » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Was wondering, how some of you would feel if there was a group hike to the bus this summer. say around end of june/start of july. would any of you be willing to join up?

also would like to add, if this happens, or if it doesn't, i still plan on making a trek to the bus. so if theres anyone wanting to leave something at the bus, and cant make the trip, let me know, i will happy to help deliver your 'momento' and of course take pics to prove it was left where you requested. i was thinking, maybe a bunch of us forum members could write a letter each, then mail them to the designated person who will drop them off in the bus when the trip is underway.

bobenns

Re: Group Trip To The Bus

Postby bobenns » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:02 am

How very thoughtful. Unfortunately there is no way I could do it this year. I have a reunion on July 1st in Ontario and my daughters wedding in August also in Ontario.
I will think about writing something for the bus, for the seekers. Thanks for the offer.
There is no greater scripture than nature, for nature is life itself.

Jedidiah

Postby Jedidiah » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Hey,

I made a solo trek to the magic bus this past summer, 22 days total of my 6 weeks in Alaska. I packed in my own food, hunted, fished, and foraged for various edible plants available in the area. I know a ton about transversing this area, survival methods, and items that are an absolute MUST to take along. If you need any information please email me at enduretheelements2007@yahoo.com or facebook.com/jedidiah.white , I would be more than willing to help you guys out in any way!!!

Unfortunately expenses won't allow for me to go back this summer :( but I am going next year for an extended stay to commerate Christopher's death 20 years ago.

nickparis

Postby nickparis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi ellisd,

I have been posting on here for a little while expressing my desire to visit the bus this year with little reply!

are you still planning your trip for this year as i would perhaps like to join you or your group for the trek out there...

I will be travelling from the U.K so there are some logistics to iron out but joining a group would be a good start

Yours hopefully,

Nick Paris

sxwxgirl

Postby sxwxgirl » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:31 pm

I would absolutely love to go, it has been my dream for a VERY long time, but everyone I know thinks I am nuts (of course) I am in Ontario...can you keep me posted on possibility of going, travel plans etc...as I would love to join the group.

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:30 pm

i just confirmed my tickets to alaska for june 17 [this year] i will be at the bus for a minimum of 2 nights and 3 days. hitting the trail for the bus on the 19th or 20th.

Return to “The Magic Bus”