Hiking to the Magic Bus in August 2017

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
Lana_bo

Hiking to the Magic Bus in August 2017

Postby Lana_bo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Hello there! I'm currently planning my US trip and thinking about hiking along the Stampede Trail to the magic bus. I'm now looking for fellow travellers and an experienced guide who would like to join. If you are interested please email me at ssn.fortune@gmail.com so that we could discuss the details and get acquainted. :D Have a great day everyone!

acdc86

Re: Hiking to the Magic Bus in August 2017

Postby acdc86 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi Lana,

I too would like to do this hike ideally this year. I've dropped you & a couple of the others who posted in the BUS MOVED?! thread in regards to trying to arrange something.

I'm not sure if August is a good time to go - what with the bears and high river levels.

If there is anyone else looking at this who would like to do the hike, please email me at arcarr9@gmail.com

Cheers,

Andrew

Renee201

Re: Hiking to the Magic Bus in August 2017

Postby Renee201 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi there, my name is Renee, I am from NJ. I recently only saw the movie "into the Wild" and was totally inspired and drawn to this idea. I know a lot of people say he was an idiot or dumb, but I see this as the total opposite. He died happy, more happy than some people who live to the age of 90. He was FREE.

I do not have a lot of hiking experience and I my back is not the strongest, but I am determined to do this hike. I want to find out more info about crossing the river. I heard that you can get to the other side without crossing the river.

It may take me a week to do this hike since I can not probably put in 20-30 miles a day, but that is the whole experience. A week in the wilderness is such a breathtaking experience. They say to do best in the Winter, so next year I would love to attempt this in maybe April, definitely not the summer.

I hear you can get there in a few hours on ATV's, that is another option for me, but I want to spend camping outside the bus before heading back.

IF there is anyone that is NOT an experienced hiker but wants to just get out there and do it, let me know, this is a dream and I want to fulfill it. :)

reneenj201@gmail.com

Return to “The Magic Bus”