I am planning a trip to the "magic bus"

Here you can write about the bus, trips to the bus etc etc...
Christopherhaviland

I am planning a trip to the "magic bus"

Postby Christopherhaviland » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Hello all,
My name is Christopher Haviland. I am planning a trip to this exact location and plan on spending a substantial amount of time in the bush. I would like to find a like minded individual who would enjoy accompanying me on my adventure. You are welcome to contact me before I designate a date of departure. My telephone number is 248-875-6820 and I reside in Michigan. I have been studying the wildlife in AK for 3 years and have been conditioning myself for this adventure for several years. I am adept at survival in Northern MI, which I know is much different than the AK bush. You must at least be physically fit enough to travel with much more than Chris "Alex" McCandless took with him to ensure our survival. I am looking to travel with a female companion but will consider a male who is of sound mind to travel with. Please note: I was inspired by the book "Into the Wild " but I know that Chris "Alex" was definitely a minimalist, therefore, I am taking enough provisions to survive a extended duration of time and even the worst of conditions and will be traveling on foot. Please feel free to contact me if you are seeking a spiritual awakening and an amazing Alaskan adventure.
Thank You in advance and best wishes....

Sincerely,
Christopher Haviland
1-(248)-875-6820

daveh

Re: I am planning a trip to the "magic bus"

Postby daveh » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:53 am

good luck hope to here of your tales when you,get back

Jedidiah

Postby Jedidiah » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey,

I made a solo trek to the magic bus this past summer, 22 days total of my 6 weeks in Alaska. I packed in my own food, hunted, fished, and foraged for various edible plants available in the area. I know a ton about transversing this area, survival methods, and items that are an absolute MUST to take along. If you need any information please via facebook at facebook.com/jedidiah.white , I would be more than willing to help you out in any way!!!

Unfortunately if you're going anytime in 2011 you'll miss me. I am going next year (2012) for an extended stay to commerate Christopher's death 20 years ago. I plan on spending most of my summer in Alaska too

supertramp13

Postby supertramp13 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Hello Christopher,
my name Is Augustin, I'm french and I'm 20. I go to Alaska this summer during august and the second part of july. I'm going to work In a farm near anchorage august 10 through the end of august.
The story of Cristopher Mc Candless change my life ! Since I've seen the movie and read the book I want to go to Alaska and see the magic bus.
For monthes I'm looking for someone to go to the magic bus and I finally discovered the forum where you have posted your advertisement.
I have still nothing previous between middle july through august 10. So If you go to the bus during this period, could I come with you ?
My mail adress is: augustin.lafond@yahoo.fr
Hopping an answer
Augustin

Christopherhaviland wrote:Hello all,
My name is Christopher Haviland. I am planning a trip to this exact location and plan on spending a substantial amount of time in the bush. I would like to find a like minded individual who would enjoy accompanying me on my adventure. You are welcome to contact me before I designate a date of departure. My telephone number is 248-875-6820 and I reside in Michigan. I have been studying the wildlife in AK for 3 years and have been conditioning myself for this adventure for several years. I am adept at survival in Northern MI, which I know is much different than the AK bush. You must at least be physically fit enough to travel with much more than Chris "Alex" McCandless took with him to ensure our survival. I am looking to travel with a female companion but will consider a male who is of sound mind to travel with. Please note: I was inspired by the book "Into the Wild " but I know that Chris "Alex" was definitely a minimalist, therefore, I am taking enough provisions to survive a extended duration of time and even the worst of conditions and will be traveling on foot. Please feel free to contact me if you are seeking a spiritual awakening and an amazing Alaskan adventure.
Thank You in advance and best wishes....

Sincerely,
Christopher Haviland
1-(248)-875-6820

supertramp13

Postby supertramp13 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi,
Finally It won t be possible for me to do the stampede trail, I work In a farm and It's too complicated for me to leave It. Have fun !

Return to “The Magic Bus”