Chris' Name Change

General discussions relating to the story.
fredmerlin

Chris' Name Change

Postby fredmerlin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:25 pm

Taint35 wrote:CHRIS changed his name to Alex super tramp. Who can give me some possible reasons other than it was from a
BAnd he liked and the term tramp is connected to nomad or traveler.

His road persona came from the book by W.H. Davies, The Autobiography of a Super-Tramp

wbhssampson

Re: Chris' Name Change

Postby wbhssampson » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Of course Chris changed his name to Alex Supertramp. But the greater question is Why? Why did Chris change his name and why did he choose what he chose? Okay lets begin Alex is the only part I don't completely understand but my guessing it that Alex was who he always wanted to be. Im sure Chris never liked who he was and how he was treated but maybe just maybe being Alex for a little while was the longest escape he could find. Now Supertramp, Chris loved tramping he always found it interesting. He wanted to be a "Tramp"which explains the last half. Chris wanted to be the best tramper out there which explains the "SUPER" half of his name.

fredmerlin

Postby fredmerlin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:32 am

Howdy. And welcome to the Forum. Looks like this is a high school project...? Good luck to all.

Anyway, the name 'Alexander Supertramp' was taken by Chris as his 'wild persona'. "Alexander' came from the Tzar Alexander, the Russian opposition leader of Bonaparte in the Napoleonic Wars. It was from the great classic novel, War and Peace. Chris loved this book, and 'borrowed' the name of the King. The 'Supertramp' came from the other novel loved by Chris, The Autobiography of a Supertramp.

WBHSrcook

Postby WBHSrcook » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:12 pm

He changed his name to get away from civilization to show what he loved, and to make sure no one that wanted to find him could. He wanted to be by himself and independent from everybody. He wanted to be able to go out and do what he enjoyed and do his own thing.

WbhsPYang

Postby WbhsPYang » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:29 pm

I think he changed his name to Alex because it's a usual name. Who would suspect Chris from Alex? At least that's what he thought. Maybe he got his last name Supertramp because he wanted to be young, wild, and free. He might have wanted that to symbolize his way of life and his way of thinking. Being an incredible young man with just a back pack filled with ten pounds of rice and his belongings,.

Wbhscruce

Postby Wbhscruce » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Honestly, I think he just like the name Alex. Then of course his last name, Supertramp, I think it means that he wants to be the best tramp that has ever lived. Like SUPERman is the most super human there is. Chis wanted to be a SUPERtramp. He wanted to go to the extremes, doing things no other tramp has done before. He wanted to see things no other tramp has seen before. That is just what he did as well.

Gleedaniel13

Postby Gleedaniel13 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:03 am

Howdy. And welcome to the Forum. Looks like this is a high school project...? Good luck to all.

Anyway, the name 'Alexander Supertramp' was taken by Chris as his 'wild persona'. "Alexander' came from the Tzar Alexander, the Russian opposition leader of Bonaparte in the Napoleonic Wars. It was from the great classic novel, War and Peace. Chris loved this book, and 'borrowed' the name of the King. The 'Supertramp' came from the other novel loved by Chris, The Autobiography of a Supertramp.

Sometimes, we need to change our true name to the name we want in some other reasons, like we are hiding our identity or for security purposes.
Web Design Integration

urball

Chris Name Change

Postby urball » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi Sorry if this is the wrong section to ask this but I would like to change my login username ?

Thanks
John

Очень интересный и красивый сайт
http://transfer-yar.ru

Return to “General Discussions”