How to plan a Trip into the wild.

General discussions relating to the story.
TRjames

How to plan a Trip into the wild.

Postby TRjames » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 am

Hello all, My name is Tom and I live in Australia. For quite a while now I have wanted to life my life on the road like Chis McCandless but I am unsure how I go about it do I just pack up and leave and travel in any direction or should I plan out roughly were I want to go?? Did Chris plan out exactly were he wanted to go or did he just wing it??

SteveSalmon

Re: How to plan a Trip into the wild.

Postby SteveSalmon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:15 am

Hi Tom,
That depends on your gear, your age (as in- are you in school?, if so, my advice would be to finish first) and it also depends upon your experience and not necessarily in that order. To gain experience, start off on small trips, get a few small trips under your belt to fine tune your needs for a major trip. If you have a great deal of uncertainty, it may not be the right time to go.
My impression from both the book and the movie is Chris went where Chris wanted to go. That's a great way to travel.
Safe travels Tom.
~Steve Salmon

WbhsHaynes

Postby WbhsHaynes » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:21 pm

How to plan a trip into the wild? Well like Chris make sure you have the basic essentials knife, gun, food, and fire start. You gotta have basic knowledge of the woods and how to safely get through them. Going into the wild is no joke and not a laughing matter , know your surroundings and the basic layout if you get stuck like chris did then know how to be able to get help. Chris when he went he had the right mind but he did not know the right plants to eat or know how to preserve the meat from the animals that he killed. Know the right plants and food take a buddy and be safe..... :)

Kayleigh

Postby Kayleigh » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:42 am

SteveSalmon wrote:Hi Tom,
That depends on your gear, your age (as in- are you in school?, if so, my advice would be to finish first) and it also depends upon your experience and not necessarily in that order. To gain experience, start off on small trips, get a few small trips under your belt to fine tune your needs for a major trip. If you have a great deal of uncertainty, it may not be the right time to go.
My impression from both the book and the movie is Chris went where Chris wanted to go. That's a great way to travel.
Safe travels Tom.
~Steve Salmon

I agree with SteveSalmon that it depends on your gear and age.

Subbotaisows

How to plan a Trip into the wild

Postby Subbotaisows » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:42 am

Oh i totally forgot about that, will try, thanks METHOS

---
Oh wait, how would you write it? I forgot to ask.

I know the assert method but Id like to know if theres any other way?

METHOS
METHOS

Return to “General Discussions”