20 Year Anniversary Special?

General discussions relating to the story.
fredmerlin

20 Year Anniversary Special?

Postby fredmerlin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:28 pm

There was some talk about a year ago that Animal Planet was broadcasting and/or producing a 20 year anniversary special on retracing Chris' Journey. I can't find any new info. Does anyone know IF and WHEN this may happen?

chrisstocks

Re: 20 Year Anniversary Special?

Postby chrisstocks » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:57 pm

maybe email the channel?

fredmerlin

Postby fredmerlin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks, Chrisstocks, Already emailed Animal Planet. They needed to know a specific name and program number, which, of course doesn't exist...yet...Also, the article I found from a local S. Dakota newscast mentioned the producer, Greg Francis. I've tried contacting him, too, but no reply or information about the show. I think the title read something like: "Retracing the steps of Christopher McCandless". It spoke of filming the documentary for the 20 year anniversary, but gave no specifics on when it would be broadcast. The article is already over a year old. I thought it would have wrapped up by now, seeing the twenty years was recently passed. Anyone find any new leads?

laurenjessesmith

Postby laurenjessesmith » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 am

This is what i've been wondering too. I asked the group "Back to the wild" on facebook about it and they said it was airing in September this year. but I haven't seen it or heard about it since they said that... so it's confusing. :p

Return to “General Discussions”