Questionnaire about how Chris' story has affected you!

General discussions relating to the story.
Majken

Questionnaire about how Chris' story has affected you!

Postby Majken » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Did Chris and the story about him enchant you? Have it changed your life or affected you in some significant way? If yes, please keep on reading:

I am a Danish student at the University of Copenhagen, I study the History of Religion and Psychology and I am about to write my master thesis. Through the years Chris’ story has continued to fascinate me, I guess you can say that the story got under my skin and stayed there for many years - it is still there… This is why I know exactly what I want to write about: Christopher McCandless and those who have been affected by him, how they interact with the story and at which level.

Chris’ story has finally caught the academic eye and some scientific papers about his story have started to show, but till this date there have been no interest pointed towards the people who’s life have been affected by the story and those who for example have made the trip out to bus 142 – you can be the first who gets your voice heard in this context in the academic world.

I hope you want to participate and will let me interview you (in writing). Please email me at majken_zahle@hotmail.com and you will receive a questionnaire. If you have visited bus 142 the questionnaire is quite extensive and will take somewhere between 1-2 hours to complete. If you have NOT visited bus 142 the questionnaire will take approximately ½-1 hour. My hope is however that you will give yourself plenty of time to answer the questions, that you feel comfortable answering both easy and rather personal questions, but most of all I hope that you will enjoy taking this trip down memory lane and let yourself re-experience your first encounters with Chris’ story and the aftermath.

It is important for me to note that your anonymity is guaranteed and your real name will not figure anywhere in the paper. The paper will be written in Danish and is only for internal use at the University of Copenhagen. If the paper however is to be published and translated into English, this can only happen with YOUR permission.

It would mean a great deal to me if you have the time, desire and energy to participate, so I will cross all my fingers and hope for a positive response from all you wonderful people.

Kind Regards and best wishes,
Majken
majken_zahle@hotmail.com

Return to “General Discussions”