are rich people crazy?

General discussions relating to the story.
nagro

are rich people crazy?

Postby nagro » Fri May 11, 2012 5:53 pm

in my town, there are alot of upper middle class people. they own big 2 story houses in a typical suburban neighborhood, drive expensive luxury cars, and work so that hey can continue to live their wasteful lifestyle. i think they are normal people that have been misguided and corrupted by our material society. they want all of these material things because like all humans they want to be happy. people should do what makes them happy, but i highly doubt that living that kind of lifestyle is what will truly make them satisfied. its like their living in the matrix, they are told that reality is a certain way and they must follow its rules. with all of the money they have, they could be free to do so much, yet they just build higher walls around themselves. how do they get like this? are they unable to question what they have been told? it seems obvious that an object is not my life.

“You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis. You are all singing, all dancing crap of the world.” -tyler durden

YeseniaPaul

Re: are rich people crazy?

Postby YeseniaPaul » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:20 pm

It is never enough when it comes to material things... I think the same, people should seek knowledge, love, understanding, esthetics, etc. and not some thing to buy because they saw the same one at a neighbor's house.

Return to “General Discussions”