BIRTH. SCHOOL. WORK. DEATH.

General discussions relating to the story.
kingdomdayz777

BIRTH. SCHOOL. WORK. DEATH.

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:03 pm

this is the model for the majority of our lives.

we are born into school (slavery) and then go straight into working a mediocre job for the rest of our existence. add on a few years of blind ambition AKA retirement, and you've got "life".

my dad has been an accountant for 40 years; he hates his job, but he sticks with it because he makes money. he claims he likes "buying nice things for himself" and supporting our family, but i believe it is more so out of pride and self worship; building a name for himself. he lives in Fear and Monotony. (i appreciate all he has done; but still question if him supporting our family is out of pride rather than self-giving love)

is it the media, schoolsystems?.. why don't we pursue our deepest, most adventurous dreams? we live these purpose-less lives of nothingness.. why are we so brainwashed?

Nitzan

Re: BIRTH. SCHOOL. WORK. DEATH.

Postby Nitzan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 pm

It scares me to live like that.
I don't know much about life and how to live, but I tend to think that this "BIRTH. SCHOOL. WORK. DEATH." , This is the scene. It makes no difference. Life and living is in between. There's more to that;
Relations with people, Knowing yourself, Beauty ....
When I think of life as "BIRTH. SCHOOL. WORK. DEATH." it makes them look empty and sad.

Corvo Atlas

Re: BIRTH. SCHOOL. WORK. DEATH.

Postby Corvo Atlas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Dear KingdomDayz, i know you left this forum years ago, but that's true. I'm a house painter and i know a lot of people who hate their work but continue to work and they don't want to change. So i hope to leave to my country next year and come in Us to my parents.

I don't recommend to be a laborer in building site if you want destroy your own life, i see a lot of old laborer who are depressed because they had a stressed life and they do anything.

Return to “General Discussions”