Community Living- Sharing a Piece of Land

General discussions relating to the story.
coyotetracker

Community Living- Sharing a Piece of Land

Postby coyotetracker » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 am

Hey All-

I had a question on community living.. Do people in group ever buy a plot of land together? Because land can be so expensive, I thought it would be easier for a small group of people to purchase it together (splitting and paying it off together), then live off the land (gardening, raising small livestock, ect.). Living in yurts is what I had in mind. Like a little yurt community living in harmony. People could go off and travel to where ever the heck they wanted to, and then always know they have a nice plot of shared land and their own cozy yurt to come home to when taking a rest from their travel adventures... I just was curious is people do this. Who wants to buy such an expensive piece of land and being stuck having to pay it off for the rest of their life??

J u s t a T h o u g h t . . . . . . . . .

Love & Light,

C o y o t e T r a c k e r
"Pressure releases are how the earth thinks about your walk"
~ C o y o t e T r a c k e r . . . . . . .

kingdomdayz777

Re: Community Living- Sharing a Piece of Land

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:05 pm

that sounds sooo great!! oddly enough, i was thinking about that the other day!

living in the woods, and just sharing land. not living like the selfish robots in society.

just all living together in community, and whatever we make we share. total peace and freedom in solitude!!! :) you don't have to be tied down by bills and such, but you can leave freely whenever!! thats sooo eerie!! haha

somewhere like in maybe: wisconsin, california, tennessee, alaska, montana maybe?? idk haha but it sounds wonderful!!!

divine appt hahah :D :D :D peace and One Love
Last edited by kingdomdayz777 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:33 pm

I have 27 acres in the mountains of NC and used to have partners with a vision of off the grid living. The problem is everyone has a vision of what they want to do and then some years pass and suddenly no one is on the same page anymore and I'm left with the property. If you are asking the question then chances are someone is already living that way. I have found one community near my property in NC that seems to live communally. http://wildroots.org/visiting.php.
I live in Florida so it makes it hard for me to visit these communes but they may have some skills I need so when I get up there permanently I will look them up.

coyotetracker

Postby coyotetracker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:50 am

heyyy kingdomdayz777,

Sorry i haven't replied to your messages! My "compose" mail box thing won't let me send out messages because I'm a new member:)

Just to let you know! :-) haha
-coyotetracker
"Pressure releases are how the earth thinks about your walk"
~ C o y o t e T r a c k e r . . . . . . .

Nitzan

Postby Nitzan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Wow this community sounds great.
say, do you know anything that might help someone who comes to travel cross the US from abroad?
I mean, I've heard about this website where you can visit families and work in their farm but I've never found that.

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Hey Nitzan, try this link :http://www.wwoofusa.org/
They do say on this website that you should be interested in learning organic farming. I don't know if you are interested in "learning" organic farming but this might be a good place to start your search.
or try: http://www.ehow.com/list_7185360_farm-work-programs.html
This is where I found wwoofusa website.

nagro

Postby nagro » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Wedelen64 wrote:Hey Nitzan, try this link :http://www.wwoofusa.org/
They do say on this website that you should be interested in learning organic farming. I don't know if you are interested in "learning" organic farming but this might be a good place to start your search.
or try: http://www.ehow.com/list_7185360_farm-work-programs.html
This is where I found wwoofusa website.

thank you for that website. i hope to travel out west someday and that will make it much easier to find work

Wander

Postby Wander » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Wedelen64, Did you ever make it to your property? Sounds amazing! All the best -A

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Wander, I have had to change my plan. My best friend and partner in my venture decided to commit suicide so I am lost and don't know what I am going to do. Sorry to give you bad news but it is my reality.

Return to “General Discussions”