we CAN LIVE LIKE CHRIS!!!!

General discussions relating to the story.
kingdomdayz777

we CAN LIVE LIKE CHRIS!!!!

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:12 pm

its the "american dream"; we buy a house and spend MOST of our lives either:

A. in our house, OR
B. in our office

after questioning my life, it has been made obvious that being in nature and experiencing that freedom is true freedom (with Spiritual guidance).

it made me question, "what is the purpose of owning a home?"

is it just a ploy to keep us enslaved, hording all these possessions don't mean a thing!!

for the freedom "fighter" and the non-conformist against materialism/slavery, is it possible to have some place of belonging/shelter that is totally removed from typical neighborhoods/society??

i also don't want a place that keeps my tied down with rent and such, but that is affordable... i was thinking maybe a small cabin in the woods or something??

something serene and Heavenly, and one that doesn't require i stay tied down every month of the year :) any thoughts??
Last edited by kingdomdayz777 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

nagro

Re: there IS a way to STILL LIVE LIKE CHRIS???

Postby nagro » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:13 am

theres alot of reasons, but they all involve being a part of more "normal" society. if you travel, you obviously dont need a home, but if you want to live a more sedentary life you will need somewhere to sleep. that doesnt mean you have to buy a 2 story house in the suburbs. a home can be a shack made out of plywood. and you can have a home and still live a non-typical lifestyle. i agree though that the american dream of owning a big, "nice" house is a waste of time, money, and your freedom. some people like that, but when i go through cookie cutter neighborhoods with 3 car garages all i see is prison cells with nicely manicured lawns.

kingdomdayz777

Re: there IS a way to STILL LIVE LIKE CHRIS???

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:55 am

yeah same here brother/sister!!

total slavery. i mean even just a super cheap apartment, storage space, or cabin in the middle of nowhere; just somewhere to stash your stuff, and still big enough to have a family if you want that later on.

i mean, i love traveling, but sometime down the line i will like to have a place of residence for at least a few months. NOT in a typical neighborhood, but maybe somewhere in the woods or something like that. somewhere serene :)

anyone care to elaborate or share an opinion?? killer response "nagro" :)

one love :)

WBHShollifield

Re: we CAN LIVE LIKE CHRIS!!!!

Postby WBHShollifield » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:38 pm

I believe it all depends on what you want to do with your life. Some people are happy and fine with their "cookie cutter" lifestyle, big house and office jobs. Others would be miserable.

WBHShollifield

Re: we CAN LIVE LIKE CHRIS!!!!

Postby WBHShollifield » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:38 pm

I believe it all depends on what you want to do with your life. Some people are happy and fine with their "cookie cutter" lifestyle, big house and office jobs. Others would be miserable.

Return to “General Discussions”