Some people can't face life w/o "electronic dope"

General discussions relating to the story.
pezar

Some people can't face life w/o "electronic dope"

Postby pezar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Interesting discussion on a survivalist forum:

http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=21944

It seems that nearly everybody who responded has met people for who life without their electronic time wasters wouldn't be worth living. :shock: What has happened to our society, that people would die without "electronic drugs"? I can remember a time when only the rich had home computers, now we have an entire GENERATION who is so used to accessing Facebook every 10 minutes via iPhone that if they were suddenly deprived of it they'd freak out. It reminds me of the rash of iPhone thefts recently in San Francisco, youth are walking down the street so completely absorbed in their iPhones that they don't see the punch to the jaw and the grab for their phone coming. :roll: The SF Chronicle recently posted a "how to detox from electronics in 24 hours" article. Really? I wonder what Chris would think. I wonder sometimes if it's deliberate, a ploy to keep people under control. It reminds me of the time that there was a riot in San Francisco by youth angry that the cell phone repeaters in the subway had been shut down...to prevent a rumored riot. It's really scary. Well, at least if the Apocalypse DOES arrive, the numbers of clueless people will be thinned quickly.

Return to “General Discussions”