came across an offer

General discussions relating to the story.
goombla

came across an offer

Postby goombla » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:34 pm

A friend offered me to join his traveling group next year. Though its what ive been looking for, they plan to travel out of North America. Beyond Canada, to Greenland, Iceland, Africa, Europe.

It sounds incredibly fascinating to me, but i personaly dont feel prepared to go off to all these different countries that i not only have never been to, but also know nothing about!

I havent a clue how they plan on getting to these different places, but he did mention that they wouldnt pay for transportation. I feel like outside of America, that lifestyle is nearly impossible. On top of that, that trip would be a VERYcold trip haha.

I forgot where i was going with that...
Well should i even consider going? Is it safe enough to be possible?

Wedelen64

Re: came across an offer

Postby Wedelen64 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 pm

There is safety in numbers but if you go with them all of your plans have changed in order to be part of a group. I would find out more about the members of this group. Do any of them posess skills to get out of difficult situations (other than crying to an embassy abroad)? I would acess the skill level of this group. Do most in the group have experience with traveling or are they just a bunch of naive young people looking for adventure abroad that they saw in some exotic magazine?

goombla

Re: came across an offer

Postby goombla » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Very good points, thank you! I'll see what I can dig up

Return to “General Discussions”