Into the Wild Fans

General discussions relating to the story.
amststudent

Into the Wild Fans

Postby amststudent » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi everyone, my name Kate and I have a research paper on fandom. While the other people in my class seem to be doing Harry Potter or Twilight, I wanted to do something different, that maybe the teacher won't have read 50 papers on and something I enjoy and am inspired by. Into the Wild was one of the first things that came to mind. It's a story that has many followers and is source of inspiration for many, which is why I think it would make an interesting essay. Just so you know it's not a thesis paper or anything like that, it is just an essay on fandom and you will be anonymous. I put in the subject "Fans" because I am looking for people that have not just casually watched it and didn't give it much thought again. Although I'm guessing if your reading this you are not this person haha I posted 20 questions below, feel free to answer them in short or more in depth if you'd like. If you don't want to answer one of them that's okay too. If you fill this out, I want to thank you in advance, I really appreciate it. Also I wanted to note that I apologize if this is spam to you because it is a little off topic. I didn't know where else to go besides the internet to find fans.

Questions:

1) How old are you?

2) How long have you been a fan?

3) How did you become a fan?

4) What is most important to you regarding Into the Wild? Such as a favorite moment or a message conveyed?

5) Did you read the book first or see the movie? If both in which order?

6) How many times have you seen the movie or read the book?

7) What three adjectives would you use to describe Into the Wild?

8) Did the story of Christopher McCandless change your outlook? If so, how?

9) Has Into the Wild inspired you to make changes in your life or inspired you to do something you wouldn’t have normally? If so, what?

10) In the future would you like to visit Alaska and follow McCandless’ path or have you done so already?

11) Do you think the movie/ or book has made you less materialistic than you were before? Do you have any examples to show this?

12) What do you do for a living? (Don’t have to answer)

13) How much money have you spent on things related to Into the Wild?

14) Do you have friends that share your fandom? If so, did you become friends over Into the Wild?

15) Do other people in your life understand your like of McCandless and his story, or do they not understand it? Have you been judged because of it?

16) Do you consider yourself a serious fan or casual fan?

17) Has your fandom created conflict?

18) Have you tried to get other people to become fans?

19) Are you male or female?

20) Do you have a favorite quote that stands out to you? (If not it’s okay)

erikhalfacre

Re: Into the Wild Fans

Postby erikhalfacre » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:21 am

Do you have an email people could send their responses to rather than posting here on the forum?
Erik Halfacre - Moderator
info@pathfinderalaska.com
http://www.stampedetrail.info

amststudent

Postby amststudent » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi erik! Yes I do, I forgot to post it sorry. You can email me at kateisgreat1990@yahoo.com (I made it when I was 10 haha) Thanks so much to whoever fills this out, I really appreciate it!

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 am

Done and done.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

goombla

Postby goombla » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:07 am

i emailed mine!

amststudent

Postby amststudent » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Thank you so much to those who submitted, I really appreciate it! I needed about four people to submit and they have. So if you want to fill out the survey for fun and post here, go ahead! Thanks again guys! : )

goombla

Postby goombla » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 pm

No prob!!

amststudent

Postby amststudent » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:50 am

Hi Rob I am new as well so I don't know why it's not let letting you, but I finished my essay now so you don't need to send it to me unless you want to for fun I will read it or you can post it here.

Magic_Don

Re: hi

Postby Magic_Don » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:25 am

Guerierob wrote:i have a problem sending pm is it my post count?

Yeah, I think you have to get a few more under your belt or something. I had the same issues when I joined.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

Return to “General Discussions”