New Year, New Life

General discussions relating to the story.
Magic_Don

New Year, New Life

Postby Magic_Don » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:17 pm

So, I'm about 85% sure, as of writing this, that I am leaving my job, effective December 31st, 2011. I work retail, and while I have love for the vast majority of my co-workers, the company itself is in decline. Management just gets worse, and worse. Somehow the "big wigs" don't get it. It's fine, they don't listen to nobodies like us anyway, right?

So, my initial plan may be this, with obvious planning, and thinking going into it. 12/31 I work my last day (this is, of course, unless i happen upon a great opportunity. I rarely ever say anything is definite, as life never is)

I will do whatever I must for the month of January, until I can get my taxes done. Then, when I get my return, I shall leave.

What that will entail, I have no idea. I just want to find my place in life. Somewhere I can actually call home. Whether that be a forest, tramping around for years. Or, hell, if I can be gone for a month, find a nice little place with amazing people, and live there, I'm all for that as well. But, my life here must come to an end. My work, the people around me are too toxic for me to keep drowning myself with.

The idea scares the hell out of me. To not have the safety net I always do with a warm home, and a steady, if not barely worth while paycheck. But, at the same time, my life is going nowhere with those factors. I need new scenery, new people, I need a right of passage. Not an iPhone.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

LiveYourDreams

Re: New Year, New Life

Postby LiveYourDreams » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:41 pm

I respect you buddy, its a difficult decision; whether to have a life with danger, excitement and reward or to have a life with safety, little excitement and unnecessary pressure. Have you ever read the book "Autobiography Of A Supertramp". Maybe give that a read, it is sure to inspire you.

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:05 am

I'll definitely give that a look. It's tough. There are people I care for here, ones I'd definitely miss. But, they are people I'll see once a month, twice at the most. Honestly, most of my days are spent laying in bed, watching TV, movies, playing video games or music. It's a life I fully admit getting myself sucked into.

At the same time, I definitely need a change. Whether it's just moving away, or, tramping. I'm not fully sure what I want. The issue I have with tramping, other than being a little overweight, my weight is manageable. But, I've grown to be lazy. I don't have to hunt to survive, or worry about warmth on a cold night. But, in turn, I really can't say the last time I was excited. I've looked forward to stuff. A concert, a hike, whatever it may be. But, the true telltale sign of something being wrong was last month. I had a ticket to see my favorite band, whom I've met, and have actually seen nearly 30 times in the last decade.

It came down to concert day, and I was so unthrilled by the idea of going, I was trying to sell my ticket. I ended up going, and they were good, as always. But, you know what I mean? The thrill wasn't there anymore.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

goombla

Postby goombla » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:03 am

wait until June!!

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:18 am

I'm thinking about it, or setting up a meet point. I live outside Los Angeles, CA. Which, in itself speaks volumes on my issues with society.

Also, I may. This all is just my feeling as of right now. The holiday season almost always gets to me. It'd probably be a little smarter to give myself 4-6 months to prep, as opposed to 2. lol.

goombla

Postby goombla » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Yes haha! Although, living on different sides of the country, you should prob leave before June if we really plan a meet.

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:05 am

That's what I was thinking. Like I mentioned, I have no real set plan. I just imagined I'd buy a bus ticket to... wherever I decided to go. Northwest, Midwest, that would be decided towards the end. Where are you coming from again? Florida? I know I recall you mentioning Florida, but, it may have been in regards to places you looked up to stay.

goombla

Postby goombla » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:16 am

Im in NY as of now, but that MIGHT be subject to change.

xiaosong

Postby xiaosong » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 am

;) may you a happy life!

Return to “General Discussions”