really now

General discussions relating to the story.
goombla

Re: really now

Postby goombla » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 am

Wait so ur saying to keep my list that length and add to it? O.o

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 pm

My experience (which is not extensive) is that you can plan to take all of the items on your list but when you get on the road your priorities will change based on various factors. The more detailed planning of your trip is the easier it is to plan what to take. Your description of your trip is very "general". I am guessing that you are trying to be prepared for "anything" that comes up. I appreciate the fact that you can just go where you want and maybe not overthink it but the less planning you do the more danger you are exposing yourself to by being uneducated about your future environment. In order to minimalize the danger of the "free spirit" attitude when travelling/tramping I, again, suggest some survival training. That way if you do get into a dangerous situation you will have the knowlege to survive until the danger passes. Please don't take this post wrong, I love the free spirit attitude but I say a little survival education mixed with the free spirit attitude makes the perfect balance to "keep your ass alive" and tramping for years to come.

I would also suggest carrying at least 2 packs. Your backpack (of course) and a fanny pack. Yes, I laughed too when I first heard the suggestion about the legendary "fanny pack". Your backpack to carry the items on your list (obviously). The fanny pack is for your emergency "survival" gear. If you get separated from your primary backpack at least you know you have your fanny pack with the survival gear. And if you lose the fanny pack? Well, that's why the survival training is paramount.
You can have a "boy scout" mentality and still live the vagabond way and also limit your fear.

tompuckett

Postby tompuckett » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:18 am

goombla wrote:Well how does one meditate??

Is it like an out of body experience?

Meditation me=akes you mentally strong, sometimes we get upset by little things. It is the nature of our mind to magnify small things into serious problems.Meditation helps us detach. We learn to live in the here and now, rather than worrying about the past or future. We do not worry about meaningless things, but see the bigger picture. Do burn an herbal incense while meditating this purifies the air and may enhance your mood.
For quality herbal incense visit www.codeblackincense.com

Return to “General Discussions”