really now

General discussions relating to the story.
Wedelen64

Re: really now

Postby Wedelen64 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Goombla, I like your plan. Especially the commune stay. There should be communes everywhere. I found one in NC, I also found a "gathering" in Florida that happens once a year in a national forest. If you come near Jacksonville fl, or Asheville NC feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help continue your journey.

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Pezar, 18 months is not that far away. I applaud you for paying the debt before you go. I am in a similar situation and it will take me longer to leave. This does not upset me because the longer it takes the more education and planning I will get done.

Pezar,I was reading an old post (surviving on 1 meal a day) where you describe your weight issue. I hope you are still making progress. I have struggled with my weight in the past and know how difficult it can be to reach your target weight especially with your 18 month deadline coming.

To All: Anyone from this forum that takes to the road and makes it to near Jacksonville Fl or Asheville NC please feel free to contact me and I will assist you on your journey. I would like to help to continue to motivate and educate myself.

goombla

Postby goombla » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:58 pm

North Carolina and Florida will be one of my first stops. I'll be sure to get your number when time nears.

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Wedelen64 wrote:Pezar, 18 months is not that far away. I applaud you for paying the debt before you go. I am in a similar situation and it will take me longer to leave. This does not upset me because the longer it takes the more education and planning I will get done.

Pezar,I was reading an old post (surviving on 1 meal a day) where you describe your weight issue. I hope you are still making progress. I have struggled with my weight in the past and know how difficult it can be to reach your target weight especially with your 18 month deadline coming.

To All: Anyone from this forum that takes to the road and makes it to near Jacksonville Fl or Asheville NC please feel free to contact me and I will assist you on your journey. I would like to help to continue to motivate and educate myself.

Definitely good to note. I live out near Los Angeles, don't know how much help I could be to anyone, but, I'm always willing to try.

And that plan sounds good. I hope I didn't come across badly, just something someone said, and it hit me that in all of my daydreaming, I never fully planned anything. It was always just a general head north, or east type of deal. Maybe due to me never really having any kind of date truly set to leave, I always just leave it as, I'll figure it when I figure it, you know?
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

pezar

Postby pezar » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Wedelen64 wrote:Pezar, 18 months is not that far away. I applaud you for paying the debt before you go. I am in a similar situation and it will take me longer to leave. This does not upset me because the longer it takes the more education and planning I will get done.

I have made progress on the weight issue. I tend to wear my pants around my hips because my belly extends down past my waist, so that's how I measure myself. I've gone from 50 inch pants to 44. I recently bought pants at Penneys instead of the big and tall store, so I'm proud of that. I have lots of loose skin now, so measuring myself is no longer easy.

I also had a student loan debt, but I am looking into whether my autism qualifies me for a debt discharge. Currently my loan agency is reviewing it. I can't get a regular job because I screw up the interviews due to tics, so I currently live on SSI. Chris could have gotten a regular job if he wanted to, but I can't. I'm reminded of the old X Files episode where some guy says to Mulder, you're a loser by choice, but I don't have a choice, or something like that. I'm a natural outsider, while Chris CHOSE the outsider's life.

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 pm

pezar wrote:

I have made progress on the weight issue. I tend to wear my pants around my hips because my belly extends down past my waist, so that's how I measure myself. I've gone from 50 inch pants to 44. I recently bought pants at Penneys instead of the big and tall store, so I'm proud of that. I have lots of loose skin now, so measuring myself is no longer easy.

I also had a student loan debt, but I am looking into whether my autism qualifies me for a debt discharge. Currently my loan agency is reviewing it. I can't get a regular job because I screw up the interviews due to tics, so I currently live on SSI. Chris could have gotten a regular job if he wanted to, but I can't. I'm reminded of the old X Files episode where some guy says to Mulder, you're a loser by choice, but I don't have a choice, or something like that. I'm a natural outsider, while Chris CHOSE the outsider's life.

Has anyone ever suggested meditation to help you? What are your thoughts on meditation?

goombla

Postby goombla » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:54 am

you serious about meditation? O.o

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:42 am

goombla wrote:you serious about meditation? O.o

Very Serious!!!!

goombla

Postby goombla » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:31 pm

I've never heard of meditation other than with buddas. That what u mean?

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:34 pm

goombla wrote:I've never heard of meditation other than with buddas. That what u mean?

Sort of. That is an interesting description of it. Buddhists(people who follow Buddha)are the most famous meditation practitioners although not the only ones. I started meditation thru martial arts but didn't get serious with it until I had a lingering shoulder injury.

Return to “General Discussions”