New to the boards

General discussions relating to the story.
ladyandtramp

New to the boards

Postby ladyandtramp » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:36 am

Hi everyone. I just recently discovered this fantastic story. I came across the DVD quite by chance - it was a buy 5, pay for 3 offer, and I just randomly picked the ones that appealed to me the most. Now, get this: when I watched the movie, I did not know the story was real!! :shock:
I found it incredibly touching, and the ending was so sad - but when it went on to showing a picture of the real Christopher McCandless, I was shocked!

Since then I have not been able to get this story of my mind. It being real brought a whole new level to the story. Questions such as what were his motivations for making the choices he did? How did it feel to be alone in the wilderness? And what was it really like for him near the end?

I've watched the movie three times so far, read the book and bought the soundtrack. I feel quite the geek about it. :lol: But seriously, it's an amazing story. He touched so many lives when he was alive, and continues to do so well after he's gone!

Magic_Don

Re: New to the boards

Postby Magic_Don » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Welcome to the club. Don't feel too geeky, I, myself, in the lat year have purchased the DVD, Blu-Ray, soundtrack, the book, and the new Back to the Wild book as well. I'm still relatively new to the boards, but the story has impacted me so much, continually since my first viewing. Even so much that I may, too, venture into this great landscape in search of life.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

ladyandtramp

Postby ladyandtramp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am

Glad to know I'm not the only one! ;)

vergeetmenietje

Postby vergeetmenietje » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Welcome! I'm pretty knew here too. And believe me: I've listened to the soundtrack for I don't know how many times... :)

ladyandtramp

Postby ladyandtramp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:25 pm

vergeetmenietje wrote:Welcome!

Thank you!:)

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:16 am

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladyandtramp

Postby ladyandtramp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:47 am

SteveSalmon wrote:I also hiked to the bus by myself last summer and
it was an experience I'll never forget for as long as I live. Every time I mention this
particular hike, I have to kiss my wife. Read my story and you'll know what I mean. My story
was featured by this website and can be found on the "submitted papers" section on
the home page.

I'm looking forward to reading it! :)

ladyandtramp

Postby ladyandtramp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am

Steve - I read your story. Amazing! You have a real gift for telling stories. Reading about the moment when you arrived at the bus, I had tears brought to my eyes, and goosepimples all over!

Isn't there a final chapter missing though? How did you make it back?

Return to “General Discussions”