Interesting comment on local "missing teen" article-read

General discussions relating to the story.
pezar

Interesting comment on local "missing teen" article-read

Postby pezar » Sun May 08, 2011 12:14 am

Early Friday morning, a 14 year old girl ran away from her home in Noe Valley, San Francisco, and there were rumors she was going to meet a guy in WA state.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/07/BARI1JDD7Q.DTL&type=nocolumn

Good thing she decided to come back later in the day. On the comments page, the following comment was posted:

agirlygirl

2:09 PM on May 7, 2011

Emma, glad you are safe. I had a friend when she was your age that ran away from home since she was being sexually abused by her brother and no one knew. She was gone for three years until she came back home, but during that time she was away she told me that she had been raped numerous times, slept outside when she couldn't find shelter, worked as a migrant worker, and panhandled when she couldn't find work. Unfortunately she died when she was 19 years old since she became addicted to drugs when she was " out on her own". Her father had to travel to various cities whenever an unidentified young girl's body was found. No parent should have to go through this painful experience. I am hoping that you will come to your senses and realize this friend that you were going to meet could have done terrible things to you that would have ended up scaring you for the rest of your life. Peace be with you and your family and I hope that you will never try anything stupid like this again.
========
Note that "scarring" is misspelled. Anybody considering life on the road should also consider the downside. It is likely that Emma was going to meet somebody specific, and not running away for its own sake, but it still applies. If you're going to tramp, know what you are doing.

Return to “General Discussions”