Hi anyone from England on here?

General discussions relating to the story.
jlawson

Re: Hi anyone from England on here?

Postby jlawson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:39 am

Hey man how's it goin? all well in the capital i hope. I'm in a similar situation, just recently finished education and sadly still no idea what to do with myself, jobs up here are very few, i've been lookin into jobs with the national trust etc but they seem to be taken before they even get advertised, i love livin the lifestyle up here, where i'm at is so quiet and peaceful, only prob is there's alot of small minded folk in this area. When you get sorted you'll have to come and check it out! have you been up this way before?

nickparis

Postby nickparis » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi all,

Englishman here too! from Surrey

Planning a trip to visit the bus sometime in the near future traveling from the uk

trying to generate interest for a group trip

Best regards

Nick

globetrotter

Postby globetrotter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey jlawson I live in Switzerland in the countryside and same people here as you talk about - not open minded! But still I love this place it's small and surrounded by mountains. I was in England few times (London, Brighton and Hastings). Maybe I'll visit the Lake District sometime. It seems to be a nice place! :)

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:20 am

Hi globetrotter nice to hear from you! i agree man, i love being in the lake district, you've just gotta rise above the small minded souls and get on with it. i strongly recommend a visit here dude, it's a very beautiful place, you need any info let me know!
Regards
Jon

globetrotter

Postby globetrotter » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Hello Jon, yes I will let you know. Thinking about moving to England for quite a bit to live and work there, maybe than a visit will be possible and by the way I'm a woman! ;) Regards Lena

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:21 am

Hey Lena, sorry for calling you man, that's what i get for assuming things :-) coming to live and work in England sounds like a great plan, it's not the biggest country but up here in the Lake District it's really cool, i imagine Switzerland is rather amazing too! I'd love to visit one day. If you do want any info regarding England I'd be happy to help if i can. sorry for taking an age to reply to your message. Kind Regards Jon. ps nice to meet you.

poppyallan

Postby poppyallan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi! I'm from England!
I'm a teenage girl from Kent!
I absolutely adore Chris' story and can't wait to finish school and get the hell out of here!
:)

Gary Pressman

Postby Gary Pressman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi.
My name is Gary Pressman.I live on the South coast and I am currently studying for my nature conservation diploma and deerstalkers guide. I worked in South Africa as a game ranger and safari guide for most of my life.It is cool that this story is so universal even though it ultimately ended in tragedy. I guess the paralell can be drawn with Timothy Treadwell the Grizzly man who along with his girlfriend was killed by bears. In Africa we were always armed with a heavy calibre rifle and we were taught to live off the land should the need arise. It is nice to know there is other people in the UK who are also part of the natural world and its power.
Regards.Gary

Chris Ruess

Postby Chris Ruess » Mon May 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi! I'm from England, currently studying in Manchester got another two years of my sentence left. After which I plan on maybe tramping and traveling towards or around the Pennines or Lake district maybe and maybe abroad, a trip to the bus would be incredible too!

Return to “General Discussions”