What have you learned?

General discussions relating to the story.
jlawson

Re: What have you learned?

Postby jlawson » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 am

Hello again :-) I must say how pleasant to talk to someone so down to earth, this is the only forum site i've been on so it's cool to know there are some folk with their heads screwed on as they say :-) The birds definitely form an amazing soundtrack to the countryside, on one side of the cabin bedroom side there is a smallish brook runnin by so it's awesome to wake up to hearing that too, even the weather out here is more poignant, like when it's hot and sunny it's beautiful, when it rains (it likes to rain here) it's also amazing the way it brings the plants a new lease of life, winter here is usually alot of rain, followed by severe ice and snow, it's got a good balance :-) I wonder if we lived in a city and it was all we'd ever known would we be content or be even more driven to adventure? hmmm the more we talk about it, the more i'm takin stock of what's around me, it's a good feeling. :-) J

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:32 am

I just recently finished college, i studied business\economics which is kinda useless jobwise unless i moved to a town or city lol, but it seemed like a worthy subject at the time :-) so for now i'm just enjoyin life :-) for fun we BBQ alot, go camping, swimming, hiking that kinda thing, i love lighting a fire and sitting out till the early hours, we sit out with a guitar or 2, sing songs listen to music or take in the sounds of what's around us, then when the weather gets crazy we do the same things just inside the cabin, i think wood burners are awesome :-) man i really love it here :-) so what do you do? college\job? and what do you do for fun etc? I'm finding this fascinating :-) Spk soon J

chloeanne9

Postby chloeanne9 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:45 pm

That sounds like my kind of fun! Haha :) Well, actually, I'm not in college yet. Still in high school. I've been looking at a few different ones, and I'm not sure what I want to go for. Definitely not economics or business though! I'm so bad with money. I'm thinking something with law or possibly writing or environmental studies...actually the list of things I'm interested in goes on forever, so it makes the whole college thing kind of difficult. And for fun I do a lot of different things! I play the guitar and piano. I also play soccer and run distance for our track team. Track is my most favorite sport in the world! I really love to run and I love our team to death. Umm....I also love kayaking, even though I've only done it one summer in my entire life, and hiking and camping and riding bikes. I also like to read a lot, but I don't get a lot of time to do it with all of my schoolwork.
Haha sorry about that...again, so long! :p Hmm. Next question time: what are your best friends and family like?
Think for yourself,Act for others

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Environmental studies sound good! i kinda rushed my options that's how i ended up taking the path i did :-( the prob is i've no idea what i want to do, i'm kinda happy livin the quiet life in the cabin :-) for now at least. travel would be good! i'd love to visit the u.s. it looks amazing so big, so many possibilities! i like your range of hobbies, active is the way to go! Have you ever been to england out of curiosity? its very small lol. now question time :-) family wise there's just me and my dad, he's in 1 cabin i'm in the other so i get some free space :-) it helps, he doesn't like my music lol. friend wise i only really have a small group rangin from 18 to 23 we're all kinda chilled out apart from the activities\hobbies part :-) not really into the pub\club scene that goes on over here! much prefer the outdoors and guitars. so back at ya :-) what are your friends and family like? ps this is cool, its like having a global pen pal :-)

chloeanne9

Postby chloeanne9 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 am

Yeah, I do like environmental studies a lot...but I think I'm more interested in things that have to do with people, like human rights sorts of things. Well, you're still young, you've got time to go to college again if you want to(although college is usually pretty expensive, at least over here....which i think is stupid. why is education so expensive???) and yeah i would really love to travel too...there are so many places i would love to visit! And no, I've never been to England! The only country I've been to outside of the U.S. is Canada, so that barely counts, and I've barely been anywhere in the U.S. either. But I really would like to go on a roadtrip around the U.S. someday!!!

Haha well...I've got two brothers who are 27 and 23 and a sister who is 13(i'm 17)...it's cool because my brother and i are ten years apart and our names both start with a c, and my other brother and my sister are ten years apart and their names start with a d. I live with my parents, my dad writes and my mom works with people with drug addictions and teaches at the local college. I have a lot of friends, pretty much everyone in my school....haha I guess I just really like people! But only a few are very close, and usually I just like to talk with them or hang out and listen to music.

Yeah it's neat! I've always wanted a pen pal from somewhere across the world!

Okay....hmm....if you could travel anywhere, where would you go and what would you do? and who would you bring with you?

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi finally got my internet back! this is what i get for living in no-whereville! anyway how are you? hope all is well. Your family sounds great it'd be cool to have a big family, i have 2 cats and some ducks on the lake not sure they count though :-) your parents jobs sound cool i'd love to be a writer, on the other hand i've always fancied being a counsellor i feel it would be very rewarding. college is possibly on the cards again lol, but to study what this time hmmm?! Ok thought hard about this i think i'd like a u.s. road trip or europe road trip, as for who i'd take. . . er anyone who was brave enough to come :-) england isn't that exciting its quite small, you're not missing much :-) it's such a nice day here, finally warm weather! so what's your ultimate get away holiday? and who would you take? also what kinda music do you like? J :-)

chloeanne9

Postby chloeanne9 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 am

haha hi again! Well i'm glad you got it back. Everything's going great, how are you? I think I'd like to be a writer too, it'd be so fun! Yeah I really would love to take a road trip sometime. I think right before college I'm going to so I don't get itchy feet while I'm stuck there for four years. Hopefully I'll get to study abroad though, too, so that would help. Haha, yeah England is kind of small, but I feel like there would still be things to see there :p Hmm. Well...if I could go anywhere....I'd probably go to A)Ireland, because that's where my family came from before we settled here. B)Italy, because I love italian food. C)Alaska or somewhere up north so i can see the northern lights. D) Anywhere with lots of mountains; possibly tanzania so i can climb mt kilimanjaro. Then after I come back down I can see giraffes :D I'd probably go by myself or bring a friend or two. Not my family probably.

Hmm....Music....well. I pretty much listen to just about anything. When I was a baby, my parents always played The Beatles (ALL THE TIME...literally) so it's kind of impossible for me not to like them. I listen to a lot of different things I guess...heehee :p Mumford & Sons is nice, I like their sort of spin on folk music. um. This is difficult I guess. Honestly, I will listen to just about anything!!! What about you?

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi i'm great thanks its good to be back! its great weather here too, we got a BBQ on and sat out till late by the lake its almost like summer (for now hmmm). the northern lights would be amazing to see, one day i shall see them with my own eyes rather than on a movie :-) True england is pretty cool if you get outta the cities and off the beaten track there's some really cool places to go! I've got a good plan :-) after college you can give me a road trip tour of the u.s. :-) good plan bout the itchy feet cure, very wise! as for the music hmmm, when we're not playing our own, i like well everything, from classical to folk to metal! its good to keep varied :-)! so do you live in a hot area or? big town or village? sorry if i'm being too Nosy :-)

chloeanne9

Postby chloeanne9 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Ahhh.........I miss BBQ's....and other summery things in general too haha. Yeah, I really REALLY want to see the northern lights!!! I love just looking at pictures of them. Haha that sounds like fun to me :p I agree about the music stuff too. It's okay haha, um I live in a small town and the weather is sort of all over the place. Our winters are freeeeezing cold, but summer's can get really hot and humid. It's nice I think because the weather isn't the same all year round, and I feel like if it were the same I might get bored of it. How bout you?

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi i totally agree, that BBQ weather of the other day. . . long gone it's been replace by wind, rain and last night to top it off slight snow, i am so pleased to have a wood burning stove :-) It's a friends birthday today so party tonight :-) i do like a good party! ok i'm goin on again lol. have you been up to anything exciting recently? hope your weather is better there. :-)

Return to “General Discussions”