What have you learned?

General discussions relating to the story.
chloeanne9

Re: What have you learned?

Postby chloeanne9 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 pm

haha luckily we haven't had any snow this week(knock on wood...with our luck, we'll have five feet of snow by morning haha) and it was really sunny for a few days, now it's back to rainy again...but the grass is getting really green, so that's nice! oh cool have fun at the party! :p and me too haha, parties are always fun. nothing much really, just track practice and boxing training. and lots of calculus and history homework! what about you? :D
Think for yourself,Act for others

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:09 pm

You sound very busy :-) boxing sounds cool! party went well, a few crazy drunk folk but apart from that pretty good. your weather sounds as crazy as it is here, random is good though :-) i'm rather exited i'm hoping to take off camping for the next week, its going to be great to escape :-) the rain has finally stopped too! i wonder if folk look on this section of the site they're like hmmm what are these guys talkin about MUHAHA. :-) its nearly the weekend do you have plans? i love weekends :-)

chloeanne9

Postby chloeanne9 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:02 am

Hey!
Just remembered this blog today. Watched part of Into the Wild yesterday, planning on bringing it to college with me tomorrow. It's been so long since I've seen it or read the book; it's been on my mind so much lately.
Hope you are all well!
-Chloe :)
Think for yourself,Act for others

VHarrison21

Postby VHarrison21 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm

I've learnt that you shouldn't be afraid to open yourself up to people but also not be afraid to open up to yourself, life will get in the way of things you want to do, Chris had an ideology that we could live off the land, I don't doubt that we can but sometimes we have to appreciate how ahrd the human race has worked to create the life we live in now, all we need to do is make sure we don't get caught up in this pop culture bull & remember to appreciate the simplier things for it is the shepard that leads, not the sheep.

iloveyou45

Postby iloveyou45 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi, my name is Ashlyn Bowmaster. I am a student at the Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School and my class is reading this book. I have not gotten so far in the book yet, but far enough to understand what goes on with Christopher McCandless. I think Chris(Alex) is a very interesting character in this book. I think he fills us with all good information. I like his way of putting things together and making us be able to read this book in a more modern version. I have also learned that he is very adventurous and I can relate to that by saying that I am too. I like to go on walks all the time and I think that Chris(Alex) is very exciting for liking to do that too. It upsets me that he dies though. I wish he would have been in the book the whole time. It makes me feel like he isn't telling the story anymore when he dies. I know he isn't the whole book, but before he dies, I feel like he is for some reason. Thankyou for letting me share my information.

Return to “General Discussions”