The FEAR IS WHAT KEEPS US HERE...

General discussions relating to the story.
JesusIsLove777

Re: The FEAR IS WHAT KEEPS US HERE...

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 am

i think people let Fear drive their life and succumb to living the "comfortable" lifestyle, despite knowing that they are not living their true passions and dreams.

anyone else have any thoughts on fear and gaining the courage to live your dreams?

ohio

Postby ohio » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:16 pm

While many do have a dream similar to Chris', there are just as many who have a dream of "conforming" to become doctors, lawyers, engineers, scientists, authors and teachers. Chris' ideals are admirable and I whole-heartedly agree with much he has to say. But a wise man once said, "moderation in all things." IMO following a dream/career that makes a contribution to your community or society as well as keeping the innocence in your soul that Chris found in nature is attainable.

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:52 am

i dont know man.. doctors, lawyers?? i dont buy it.. i believe so many are conformed into these false ideas of what "success" means.. and most believe, especially lotsa doctors, not all, but a lot, that a lot of money and a nice house is a success in their eyes, implanted into their brains by society and peer pressure!

it sucks that most dont see success as not material gain, but by living life to make changes in others lives, and doing what you love/following your dreams boldly! about not setting boundaries and living a life that is a life full of purpose and true passion and freedom! thats what life should be about, unselfish, passionate purpose!!

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:14 am

I don't ever blame those who want to become doctors, fire fighters, etc. Lawyers, I blame them for helping make the world, or, at least the US what it is today.

But, I don't blame them, if they feel happy, then so be it.

My issue is with people who make the world, the lives around them, etc, worse. I try, at least a little here and there, to make this world slightly better.

Picking up trash on a hike. Making people aware of things that may help, or entertain them.

What I hate, is that I have to work, to pay my bills. The bills I have, in the most part, due to having to work.

I have a car payment, + insurance. While I love being able to go where I want, if I can afford the gas. I only need it for travel to work, and the grocery store.

I have a mobile phone, which I only use to text friends to ask questions, pass information, etc. It has very little practical purpose in my life. I was very close to actually getting rid of it when my contract was up last year. I may just do that next year, depending on my situation.

So, that leaves me with my credit card payments, and my rent. The rest of my money is used for gas, food, maybe a dvd or something like that.

My rent. While not expensive, I suppose it's a bill I'm fine with, as it gives me roof, shelter, and space. Credit cards? I like having the "insurance" of having extra money if I need it for food, or gas, or something unexpected. BUT, I wouldn't need them so much, if I made just a tiny bit more money.

But, I really don't want to make more money that badly. It has never brought me happiness. In fact, it was one area I started hating my ex over when we were dating.

I would love to find a nice balance between the greed, and complete poverty.

I'm just a simple man, who just wants people to realize what they have, not want what they don't need so badly that it hurts so many other.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

tiedtothewind

Postby tiedtothewind » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:53 pm

I had a taste of the easy life. traveling, walking sailing and living on beach's around Europe.
I am now 43 with a family. but I dream about it every day.
I live on the coast in England and every day I look out to sea knowing the rest of the world is out there.
But I am a social being, I want to share and laugh get drunk and fuck (occasionally)
I have often thought of running away, but then when I think about what I would regret when I am older.
I feel I would regret missing my sons grow up more than I would regret not fulfilling my romantic dreams.

I dont believe many people can do the same as Chris, as most of us just dont have the balls, tenacity or ability to survive like that.
I fill my life with crap like computers, ipod, cameras, blogs etc etc to distract my mind from those thoughts.

My advice is "you cant have everything but you can have a little of everything.
Try to find a balance
Be as honest as you possibly can

In 2012 I will try to have what I call Micro adventures.
Short cheap trips, Camping ,walking, long weekends journeys. I need these to keep me sane.

I have just started a new blog, though not much on there at the moment, I would be interested in reading other blogs about peoples struggles with life in general but not depression.

Thanks all and good luck.

http://active40.co.uk

Return to “General Discussions”