The FEAR IS WHAT KEEPS US HERE...

General discussions relating to the story.
naturelover24

The FEAR IS WHAT KEEPS US HERE...

Postby naturelover24 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 am

It's a sad sad thing. Fear is what keeps most of us from TRULY living our dreams, as Chris McCandless did. He was such a brave man who, at the cost of abandoning his family, pursued his dreams with persistence and determination. So many people just get content with the average lifestyle of a career or business man, doing the same thing everyday, working in the same lonely, empty office all day. I dont care how much money you make... you didnt follow your dreams and that will come back to haunt you sooner or later.

Fear and conformity, i believe, are the 2 MAIN reasons why people don't pursue their dreams. People let greed and power run their lives, and in the end, it truly doesn't matter. Do you guys have any thoughts on fear/conformity, or how Chris fought through that adversity??

God Bless Y'all :D

jlawson

Re: The FEAR IS WHAT KEEPS US HERE...

Postby jlawson » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi i must say i think you've hit the nail on the head regarding follow your dreams, so many people i know seem to have started off with plans and dreams but somehow along the course of their lives they get washed away by the harsh reality of life. It seems to me that Chris's thirst for following his dreams and the sheer power he put into overcoming ANY obstacles which may have got in his way, drove him to push the boundaries which most people would be scared to even consider. It's this drive that we all need everyday before the tide of life washes our dreams away. Regards Jon

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Wow man i totally agree with you... Such true Stuff!! anybody else have any more thoughts on Conformity and adversity, fueled by your dreams??

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:38 am

anyone else care to share? id love to hear! :D

GoNorth

Postby GoNorth » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 pm

I totally agree regarding the thoughts.
But what about practice? That's much more difficult, I think. At least for me, but probably for a lot of other people as well.
Does anyone have any personal experiences to share?

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:23 pm

thats totally true, so many people SAY they will do this or that, but its a whole 'nother thing to actually DO what you say

GoNorth

Postby GoNorth » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Right, and I don't only mean people who just don't do what they say. But even if you seriously WANT to do what's best for yourself, like truly live your own life, live your own dreams, get as independent as possible from what your environment seems to dictate - it's still hard to even FIND the right path to go, right? I mean, if you decide to live your dreams, the first thing to do is define your dreams - next homework for all of us, I guess. :D

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:16 am

for surezy, there must be a well thought out, yet at the same time loosely based idea of what our future holds. i think the right amount of focus on your dreams and "plan" for life, with the same amount of freedom to do what you want with that dream and not to be tied down to a single place for too long.

I'm curious, what is your dream? and anybody else definitely feel free to chime in on your thoughts on your "ideal", since it nothing is as it seems haha, life! :D

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Is anyone lucky enough to be living their ideal life? if so what is it? i hope at some point everyone can be happy and find the freedom they deserve! regards Jon

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:42 pm

very true man! anyone else have thoughts on fear,conformity VS living out your true dreams AND how so many settle for a life of true passionless apathy and routine??

JAH BLESS !! :D

Return to “General Discussions”