hello

General discussions relating to the story.
corvina

hello

Postby corvina » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi everyone I'm new. A friend sent me the film and I watched it last night. Of course I woke this morning with it echoing around my head.

I'm amazed that my friend knows me as well as she does for she said that she saw so much of me in the film, and it's uncanny because I feel our friendship crossed a Rubicon, I mean people rarely see this far into me so without even discussing Alex and the content I have to say that her gesture in itself has moved me very deeply.

Alex (I shall call him Alex as this is what he called himself) did what he felt he had to do. I think for fringe dwellers which Alex was, sometimes we have to go and do these things just to stay sane in a world which we don't really feel has any meaning for us. I'm not talking of simply feeling alienated it's more difficult than that, it's to do with understanding the world and ones place in it all. Why should we take the recieved version of life on earth at face value without questioning it? Why should I spent my life in slavery to somene elses ideas and notions?... why should I be a virtaul prisoner in my own world? Working in meaningless occupations to pay someone else money earnt with my time for somewhere to stay on my own planet, just because they got here before I did and staked a claim .. said "this is mine .. now pay me rent?" Or worse still "Think these thoughts and use these words" ... language is the hardest thing to escape...

Alienation implies an unhappiness and I don't think Alex was unhappy or alienated ..some of us just put the world together in our own way, that's all ... I think his story is triumph and is in no way a tragedy I loved this film and this persons story .. it touches something deeply human and unfortunately a deep sense of humanity is rarely to be found in the midst of society, and an 'easy normal life' .

Return to “General Discussions”