Going to live in the desert as a hermit?

General discussions relating to the story.
pezar

Going to live in the desert as a hermit?

Postby pezar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 am

I don't seem to be able to get along in this world, nor would I want to. I talked to some stupid fortuneteller a couple months ago who said I would get a "real job" and become a "productive member of society" with an apartment and everything, the thing is, I don't want to HAVE to work and HAVE to pay rent and HAVE to do this and HAVE to do that, keep running that shitty hamster wheel. I want to do what I want when I want.

I'm thinking of buying land in the desert and living on it, just me in a trailer with some chickens and rabbits for food, and a spring nearby for water. Property taxes would be something like $100 a YEAR, which I could handle by working odd jobs. I think there are tough times coming and those who don't have their heart and soul invested in work work work will be the ones to make it through.

When any country collapses it's always the 50 year old guys who worked all their lives who die first, the ones who reported to the same office at the same time wearing the same thing for 25 years in the hopes of living la vida loca after 65, and then it all gets yanked away and they can't handle it. Americans work too much, and when things go bad it will be the compliant little worker bees who die like flies, the guys who are invested in their shitty little 1/20 of an acre in suburbia and their shitty mcmansion built by enslaved Mexicans.

They can't move because they have too much money to lose, they bought the big pile of shit house for $700k and now it's worth $70k if they're lucky, and the park nearby isn't finished and is full of weeds and condoms and drug needles, and there are the people from the "mandated" low income housing sprinting out of the grocery store all the time with their shitty bottles of cheap joy juice that they didn't pay for, and the low income people can't pay for housing but can afford $1000 aluminum rims on a $750 Buick. That's what it's like here in California.

I just want to get off the fucking merry go round, earn enough to pay off my debts so I'm no longer a debt slave then buy the land and go live there and be alone away from the stinking cities and all their welfare bums. Sometimes I get lonely, then I read about some woman who took some guy for everything he had and the guy was thinking with the wrong head and willingly handed it over, or the (true story) some Mexican woman who advertised for a guy on Craigslist and found this schizophrenic who went batshit when she dumped him and took her 4 year old and drove into a nearby canal and drowned him and the kid, AND she is prego with his demon spawn too! People suck.

It's just all this shit that makes me want to go live by myself in the desert. Am I alone? Sometimes I think it would be so much easier to be stupid like most people, then I wouldn't have to worry about being the first on the list when the govt decides they don't want troublemakers around any more.

SteveSalmon

Re: Going to live in the desert as a hermit?

Postby SteveSalmon » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:09 am

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pezar

Postby pezar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 pm

I know beauty. Nature is beautiful, the desert is beautiful, forests and oceans and taiga, all of that is beauty as God intended it. It's humans that are ugly, we pollute and destroy real beauty so we can make fake beauty. You take a desert meadow that is beautiful, and humans will plow it under with bulldozers, create fake lakes and golf courses and plant trees that can't grow correctly, and kill all the wildlife that was there before, and then call the resulting monstrosity beauty. Then the area becomes a ghetto, with dead lawns and broken down cars and drug dealers on every corner. Humans don't have enough sense to leave the meadow as it was before, but try to make a profit off it. Then after all the big cheeses have made their money the place becomes a slum. Humans think that they can destroy real beauty to make fake beauty, and then sell fake beauty to stupid people who are stupid because of chemicals in their food and water. When they have to pump animals full of chemicals and drugs to keep them alive because factory ranching is so dirty, that's ugly. All to make money. I've been on homesteading forums where people complain that their meat rabbits are acting crazy, well if you keep any animal in a small cage all its life it will go crazy. That's why elephants at the circus go crazy. Now humans are going crazy too. I just want to be alone amid what real beauty is still left out there.

Kris1989

Postby Kris1989 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:02 pm

I am a self proclaimed hermit. I cant stand most people. They seem to not get me. I wish I could move to the middle of nowhere with no people or neighbors to bother me. I can dream. As John Lennon once said ''You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm, not the only one..''

Return to “General Discussions”