New Inspiration - Ted Williams

General discussions relating to the story.
admin
Site Admin

New Inspiration - Ted Williams

Postby admin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi All,

This is in a way - off topic.
But I thought it worth a mention, because when I get a feeling like this - it is for a reason.

I read about Ted Williams today. A homeless man that has the most amazing radio voice you have ever heard. His voice and his strength (and hs faith) pulled him out of his vagabond life and back to normality - to a point.

This is a man who would have shared a story or 2 with Chris had he met him on his journeys. Living off the street and surviving on the barest of essentials.

I admit that the information about this man is new, but it is intruiging.

So, here is a website that I am going to make for him - http://www.tedwilliamsthegoldenvoice.com/ - this is just a simple template that I will of course change. And if you are interested, please join a Facebook group I created for him here http://www.facebook.com/readadam#!/home.php?sk=group_131757483555088

Cheers, Adam.

bobenns

Re: New Inspiration - Ted Williams

Postby bobenns » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Interesting. I forwarded a link to the youtube video of him that was on my local home town news page to a friend.
We all have hidden talent. I hope he has a good life from here on.
There is no greater scripture than nature, for nature is life itself.

Jedidiah

Postby Jedidiah » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:14 pm

I read that Ted checked into rehab recently because he never stopped drinking. I really don't see him as any kind of inspiration

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 am

Jedidah,

I appreciate your thoughts and I never reply to people opinions because of the obvious. In this case I make an exception...

I saw this man as an inspiration because - he came back from a life of misery. He is clearly intelligent, but at a time in his life - the odds were stacked against him and he turned to alcohol and others...
He is not perfect, but he tried to use the only talent that he had, to come back from his misery. AS luck had it - he did come back.

When someone has experienced the harsh realities of life ( as I and many others have) you accept the miss-forgivings of others.

I saw the moment he saw his mother - and let go of everything. He was truely swept away by that moment and you saw everything come out. It was not a Hollywood moment, it was a moment of truth. A truth where a man was faced with reality - here is my mother that knows me better than anyone else. I let her down and I am sorry. The whole world can now see me here apologising to my mother - BUT I DONT CARE. I will say what I mean.

He deserved a second chance. I was a police detective for many years - and believe me - I tread carefully with EVERYONE. I do not trust someone until they earn that trust. So, for me to accept this mans mistakes and hurdles throughout life and to put him in a league that should be remembered - is special - at least for me.

I did a lot of work on the CJM story - because he is worthy - in reasons of his own and thus far, I feel Ted Williams is equally worthy.

At the end of the day, what types of people did Chris associate with in his travels on the road? These were homeless people that may or may not have committed some sort of crime to LIVE. To stay alive on the street. Chris would have appreciated Ted and shared many a story with him. Because Chris would have not judged him.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents...

Adam.

Return to “General Discussions”