Are there Christopher McCandless' out there?

General discussions relating to the story.
butterflyxx

Are there Christopher McCandless' out there?

Postby butterflyxx » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Does anyone feel like everyone they encounter is the same?! I don't think I have met anyone in my existence that shares the ideals or the lifestyle that Chris. I just feel at odds with the rest of society, like a bit of an outcast! I wish there were more of us out there. I think that's what has drawn me to this forum, a chance to talk to like-minded people, that share the same ideals and don't just cast you off as eccentric/crazy :D So hello everyone!!

Brant

Re: Are there Christopher McCandless' out there?

Postby Brant » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi butterflyxx,
you are neither eccentric or crazy. What i have experienced with talking to people about living in the wild is their fear.

Kai Leather

Postby Kai Leather » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:59 pm

I will be living a similair life very soon, only i dont have end destination and i will be starting in Europe because i am Dutch. if you like you can read about it on my that is stated below :)
www.justkai.com
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”

Damiano

Postby Damiano » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Kai Leather wrote:I will be living a similair life very soon, only i dont have end destination and i will be starting in Europe because i am Dutch. if you like you can read about it on my that is stated below :)

Hi,
I'm going to do the same - I hope I will fulfill my dream :) I'm from Poland and for the beginning I will also start in Europe. I want to start maybe in October, so I will moving south becouse of a Winter :) And I will see what life will bring, where will put me. I have some plans, but I don't want to close myself for what can life bring.
Now I'm searching and reading practical advices - that's how I got here - also after watching the film and reading the book. In Chris I saw so intensive simmilarity to me.. that was unbelieveble :)
I will be thankfull for any advices. Cheers!
“Reality can destroy the dream. Why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?” George Moore

Return to “General Discussions”